docc

Decent Tune-up

4 hours ago, mznyc said:

The CA site specifically say not for any other MG models...

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 8.23.30 PM.png

Working on my V11 Sport. I was using the Harley PF4C for many years. That worked fine as well.

Ok, back in the day, some suspender snapping pipe chewing Guzzi Guy gave them a rash of sh!t about (probably) his inability to tune a Guzzi with it. That is when that disclaimer came out. Same deal with Bub exhaust. Pogo was right. :oldgit::grin:

4 hours ago, docc said:

Working on my V11 Sport. I was using the Harley PF4C for many years. That worked fine as well.

There are 2 types of PF3C TPS sensors. A linear and non linear type. They can be distinguished by the fact that one will have adjusting slots for the mount screws and one doesn't. The non linear has the slots and the linear one doesn't.The TPS setting for this type is done via Guzzidiag or the Guzzi factory software.

The Non linear is the type fitted to V11's and has a voltage V output almost exactly the same as the old PF9 sensor. 

Ciao

5 hours ago, gstallons said:

So , this TPS is non-linear ?  

What is the reason / purpose of this ?

I dont know for sure but I think it gives you greater sensitivity at the lower throttle angles where most of the usage is. I guess that they eventually decided it wasn't necessary.

Meinolf or Paul will know for sure.

Ciao