Cracked mivvs

stewgnu

Alright All, can i get opinions on this?

I ordered some new silencers from mivv and when they (eventually..) came i noticed a couple of cracks in one of them. See pix below.

Obviously they are purchased 'new', but will they be ok? Worried these cracks just likely to grow and grow with use. Should I be concerned?

image.jpg1.jpg

image_4.jpeg

image_3.jpeg

Whether or not the cracks will grow (and they probably will ), presumably you paid for new and should get new. Doesn't bode well for the manufacturer letting them out the door. The true measure of a company is not whether or not they make a mistake, it's what they do to fix it. Including preventing it from happening again. I wouldn't accept them...... and I feel your pain.

Email them the photo, and see what they say?   Also, perhaps suggest they ship you a new one, before you ship the cracked on back.  

Maybe pre-pay for the new replacement, and then get refund when they receive the cracked one?

Just some ideas.  Not like it gets you out there running with these a ton sooner...

Slid off the aluminum can, cut the entire core out, except about 1/2" of the very front. This gave me a flange to river to and about 3/4" of pipe left. Made my own core out of woven stainless for better sound absorption. Used the beauty cover on the back as the rear locator for the core and riveted it on. Doesn't have the fancy SS river beauty ring like a Mistral aluminum muffler, but looks correct. Sounds awesome, fully serviceable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2