airbox mod

rossi46

I spotted this Coppa Italia on a recent trip to San Marino, the owner didn't speak much english,nor me Italian!,it had 130,000km on her and the only issue he had was g/box spring. He lived further south nr Rome and did say that he removed the 'snorkle' in the winter, anyone got any ideas to its function?

20160911_153306.jpg

Hm. Not exactly the greatest ram air induction...

I simply have removed the top of the air box and replaced it with a ring to hold the filter snug. That's how you open up an airbox..

This guy's idea will get the air box some cooler air but I can't really see that way being that effective..

yes they do, I might have another shot on my camera-I thought that winter in Rome! :grin:

Aye, me n the missus went a couple of years ago in February to escape the winter- best long weekend ever! Wandering around a stunningly beautiful city, scoffing tasty snax and enjoying being those foreigners that wear t-shirts when all the locals have their furry warms on. Haa!

"Porting" and polishing the inlets made a surprising difference on my Sport. Plus, is was fun and involved beer . . .

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19239&p=207042

DSCN3878.jpg

Maybe this will help and apply as while I was doing my searches I found something on replacing the factory inlet pipes with PVC pluming pipe for better flow. I mention this Docc as you probably know exactly what I am talking about? But yes I know then you did not have a good reason to have a Beer lol. :)

Yeah, there have been myriad approaches to modifying the air intake to the stock spine frame airbox. The work done (with the V10) by PhilA is mighty compelling (and inspired me):

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18909&p=100986

Once engaged in opening and polishing the intakes, it surprised me how restricted and uneven they were (are).