Basic guzzidiag tutorial for V11

docc

As I mentioned my TPS thread (this is probably a better place for it) is that it won't let me set the CO Trim. I'm following all of the instructions but when it goes to finish and I bring Guzzidiag back up it at the old numbers (33). I saw somewhere that if you have an error code you can't reset the CO Trim until you clear the code. Anyone else have this problem?

The original and actual V11 ECU Reprogramming and Diagnostics thread may be the better place to ask this.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17865&page=18&do=findComment&comment=219698

I don't remember guzzidiag offering me error codes or clearing on my 2000 15M?

The original and actual V11 ECU Reprogramming and Diagnostics thread may be the better place to ask this.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17865&page=18&do=findComment&comment=219698

I don't remember guzzidiag offering me error codes or clearing on my 2000 15M?

It does on the Scura's 15M.. are they different?

No, not different, I just haven't looked at my own bike for a while.

I don't remember how to find the error codes. Or how to clear them. :huh2:

I don't remember how to find the error codes. Or how to clear them.

After GuzziDiag is running, and connected to your bike, you can select >View > Faults. Then you will see two panels: current faults, and stored faults. There is a 'read' button at the bottom, and you get faults listed in those panels after you press this button.

These is also a 'clear' button. When you clear stored faults, the ECU fault memory is erased, and GuzziDiag gets disconnected. If you reconnect GuzziDiag, you will see the stored faults are gone, unless there is some actual faults for it to store again.

You can easily trigger a stored fault when you are setting the TPS by removing the TPS piggyback cable while the ignition is on. Then it stores a "TPS" fault.

• Like 1

I recently completed the "decent tune up" that docc kindly explained in another thread. I reported that I didn't notice much difference afterwards, so today I re-connected to guzzidiag and found that the c02 value was back at its original -18 despite me having set it to 0. I then looked at faults and found several stored which I cleared, before changing the c02 again. This time it seems to have saved the change, in fact I double checked by disconnecting and then re-connecting guzzidiag.

• Like 1

Over on Wild Goose I posted the same thing and it was mentioned to wait 30 seconds between the CO Trim steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just been for a ride, and I can now feel the difference. I actually set it at +10 and it's made the bike ride so much better. Being slightly paranoid I even checked it again when I got back!

I recently completed the "decent tune up" that docc kindly explained in another thread. I reported that I didn't notice much difference afterwards, so today I re-connected to guzzidiag and found that the c02 value was back at its original -18 despite me having set it to 0. I then looked at faults and found several stored which I cleared, before changing the c02 again. This time it seems to have saved the change, in fact I double checked by disconnecting and then re-connecting guzzidiag.

Over on Wild Goose I posted the same thing and it was mentioned to wait 30 seconds between the CO Trim steps.

I'll look at amending the Decent Tune-up and Basic Guzzidiag Tutorial for V11 to emphasize these issues. Thanks, gentlemen!

I'll look at amending the Decent Tune-up and Basic Guzzidiag Tutorial for V11 to emphasize these issues. Thanks, gentlemen!

http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=69168.msg1420780#msg1420780

beetle says errors shouldn't have an effect. I'll try to hook up tonight and see what I see.

Meinolf knows this software interface really well, also. I never had a problem setting the CO after the motor was at operating temp, but I forgot about the error codes, too. Maybe the V11 I've set just miraculously didn't have any codes to clear? Maybe the 30 second thing is important? maybe not?

Post what y'all find out.

Post what y'all find out.

I'm not sure, I'm a little shy about posting...

No error codes. Ran the CO Trim adjustment again this time pausing for a while after the kill switch step. That may have done it as it staying at 0.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While I use the "Run" (kill) Switch in normal operation, guzzidiag says "Ignition", so I leave the Run Switch on during guzzidiag sessions and only use the Ignition Switch.