Cheaper source for TPS

slowkitty

I'll take a couple too if a batch is ordered....

J.

On 5/25/2019 at 10:25 AM, LowRyter said:

I contacted them about the price buying two.  It was $60 + $50 shipping

Wait, "buying two"? Isn't the minimum order 50 units? Or did you mean "too"?

In that case it would be $2.20 per part plus shipping to the rest of us.

2 minutes ago, sp838 said:

Wait, "buying two"? Isn't the minimum order 50 units? Or did you mean "too"?

In that case it would be $2.20 per part plus shipping to the rest of us.

I didn't need 50.  I asked for 2 and this was the quote.  

4 hours ago, LowRyter said:

I didn't need 50.  I asked for 2 and this was the quote.  

You need to ask how many for 50.

3 hours ago, swooshdave said:

You need to ask how many for 50.

I just sent a quote request.

• Thanks 1

I got a response to my quote request:

Wei said "PF3C price is $5.95, and shipping costs 50pcs around $100-120". This is a US$ currency quote.

Adding that up: (50 x $5.95) + $120 = $417.50. An order of 50 would probably get the attention of NZ Customs, so I'd have to pay a 15% import tax.

So $480 divided by 50 means $9.60 each landed at my place. Then I would have to add packaging/addressing/shipping/beer costs.

Shipping from China can take up to 60 days, compared to shipping from NZ to anywhere else takes up to 14 days. 

This is a bigger outlay than I expected, considering about 20% of the stuff I buy from China is disappointing, and a few things I bought were dysfunctional fakes.

Does anyone want take a half share of the costs and risks? 

Maybe try to gather actual interest for the 50 and see how many you can get spoken for. Then look to see where the majority of those people are and then find a partner in that area. No offense but NZ is probably not the hot market for these things.

I would imagine that we'd get a few takers, guys like me that would like to have a couple in Guzzi parts bin.   Between this board and especially on WildGuzzi there should be enough folks to make the quantities. 

It would only take 20 or 30, the problem is getting  all  this straight keeping track of who wants how many and then shipping.   That's why we aren't business folks, just hobbyists.  And of course the quality issue which is an unknown.  

7 hours ago, swooshdave said:

Maybe try to gather actual interest for the 50 and see how many you can get spoken for. Then look to see where the majority of those people are and then find a partner in that area. No offense but NZ is probably not the hot market for these things.

Kiwi's will make their own! :luigi:

I'll take one for sure, 2 if needed for totals

If I were to guess I’d say that CaCycleWorks buys those same cheap parts, tests them, puts a custom cap on them and sells them at a profit. They may also need to throw some of them away. Because they show the testing chart indicates that they may not have originally tested and had a bunch come back. Just the thought.

The caps look identical to that I got from CaCycleWorks. Do you think they test every one? I find that so unlikely, but I am rather cynical along those lines.

It is looking like, even with shipping halfway 'round the world twice, the cost would be about 1/3 what I paid. Yet, for whomever might take this on, a significant beercharge should be added to each unit . . . :bier: