Cheaper source for TPS

slowkitty

S & S has a TPS   part # 55-5058 I DO NOT KNOW if it will WORK.  Its in there parts catalog but the picture is a little vague.

It appears to me to have 2 fixed holes rather than the elongated holes we need for adjustability. I passed on that one until

someone actually lays eyes on it. Ca cycle works has my order...will see how long it takes to get here   :drink:

3 hours ago, andy york said:

The Harley TPS, part #27271-95 is NLA. It has been replaced with something else...

I found 1 in this country through he HD parts network. If this doesn't work, Cycle works 

will be the next call

BTDT, Cal Cycle Works,  $80.

• 1 year later...
29 minutes ago, andy york said:

UM.  how did what work out ?

Like, did you replace your TPS and it solved some issues?

(My CACycleworks PF3C has about 10,000 miles on it and I think it has developed a hiccup in the sweetspot.)

On 8/28/2019 at 5:55 AM, andy york said:

S & S has a TPS   part # 55-5058 I DO NOT KNOW if it will WORK.  Its in there parts catalog but the picture is a little vague.

It appears to me to have 2 fixed holes rather than the elongated holes we need for adjustability. I passed on that one until

someone actually lays eyes on it. Ca cycle works has my order...will see how long it takes to get here   :drink:

Old post I know but if the TPS hasn't got the slotted mount holes it wont work on a Guzzi V11. The non slotted version has a linier output and the slotted std version has the NON linier output.

Ciao 

That would be a negative then. I have 4 or 5 of them floating around in the draw. Some are new...some are used. They all work the same...as in they work, but did not cure the hiccup. 

I used to just never ride in that rpm range or rode through it so it did not bother me much. Now age has crept into the picture and I guess I'm slowing down....but its right right where I want to be when I'm out riding around:oldgit:

the HD part is NLA I think....I could not get one the last time I tried

6 minutes ago, andy york said:

That would be a negative then. I have 4 or 5 of them floating around in the draw. Some are new...some are used. They all work the same...as in they work, but did not cure the hiccup. 

I used to just never ride in that rpm range or rode through it so it did not bother me much. Now age has crept into the picture and I guess I'm slowing down....but its right right where I want to be when I'm out riding around:oldgit:

the HD part is NLA I think....I could not get one the last time I tried

Not sure I understand your response but as i said the linier type dont work as in the fuelling will be wrong.

http://www.bikeboy.org/ducati2vthrottleb.html

Ciao

Roger that on both counts: Andy's hiccup was not from the TPS. And, the later un-slotted Harley TPS won't work on our V11. Seems H-D would still be sourcing the slotted version that was fitted to their earlier bikes? Same for the Ducati that used the earlier, slotted TPS?

I'll try rechecking my TPS.  In the past, I have had best results testing resistance across the potentiometer watching for jumps, drops, or opens as I slowly open and close the TPS.

I also may be having trouble setting the 157mV baseline due to throttle body wear and "closed throttle plate" becoming a moving target. :wacko:

• Like 1