Cheaper source for TPS

1 hour ago, LowRyter said:

It's crazy that a cheap plastic part can cause to much trouble.

Right? I suppose that if I should  just replace it every other time-up it would be no big deal. I would rather a more durable solution.

Didn’t someone bring up using a non-contact type of TPS device (instead of a common potentiometer that physically wipes a contact)? Is that an option for us to pursue?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Sport has gotten all spitty and jumpy just off closed throttle where I "cruise," pull away from stops, and out of corners. Very annoying and I remember it doing this when the original TPS played ou

Page one.    

Meinolf is a “heavy user” and takes it for granted, that we all know the GuzziDiag/Tunerpro -details and change the charts in our ecus very often… To see and change the tps look up table, all the basi

Posted Images

I thought someone talked about using a Hall sensor? Chuck maybe ? 

and to clarify my earlier statement. In the past, many many miles traveled for work or 

places far from home. During those "events" I was not exactly traveling in the most legal fashion.

Now days I don't travel for work on the bike so I have been "taking it easy" which puts me right in the

2.8 to 3 k range of the hiccups.

• Thanks 1

Well , I am glad I looked before I gave my worthless opinion . They do produce a contactless Hall effect sensor that can be used in place of a wiper/pot set-up . 

If you can get it in the correct range and configuration , your problems are over ! 

4 hours ago, andy york said:

and to clarify my earlier statement. In the past, many many miles traveled for work or 

places far from home. During those "events" I was not exactly traveling in the most legal fashion.

Now days I don't travel for work on the bike so I have been "taking it easy" which puts me right in the

I believe it was the Flux Capacitor.  

• Haha 1
On 11/24/2020 at 11:55 AM, andy york said:

Page one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1