Luciano Marabese/ V11 Sport Designer

brlawson

On 5/17/2019 at 8:55 AM, milar said:

I don't know if I posted these before, but I have high rez scans of Marabese design proposal to Guzzi for the V11 LeMans.

Mike

Marabese V11 LeMans Proposal smaller.jpg

That is so terrific, Mike!  Thank you so much for posting this! I tried to find the images not long ago to repair another thread and could not find them on the vast web.

(Let us see if we can post the hi-res images in Fileshare.  I'm not sure the logistics of that, but will pm you since the image size may require hosting.)

The green Sport is truly gorgeous. I wonder if a half fairing version 'in the flesh' might be too much of a good thing. Are there any other photos of this design? The Champagne '02 would be the first LM in (almost) one color. I would love to hear their thoughts at the time on decisions made for colors. I have no problem envisioning an all silver, red frame LM. 

Possibly the first 2 model years having no red or yellow choice, as well as no fairing, was an attempt at distinction from the earlier Sport I line.. ? The green Sport seems to say "this is still a traditional Guzzi" to those, at the time, who may have considered the new design too radical. The Telaio Rosso homage was enough, I think, to leave the fairing off.

Also... at the time... would green have been the "flagship" color with black and silver as alternatives? Any pricing variation?

• Like 2

On 5/17/2019 at 8:55 AM, milar said:

I don't know if I posted these before, but I have high rez scans of Marabese design proposal to Guzzi for the V11 LeMans.

Mike

milar sent me this slightly larger image. We're still working on hosting and posting the hi-res scan . . .

Marabese%20V11%20LeMans%20Proposal%20sma

• Thanks 1

Bloody hell, I'm surprised at just how good the Greenie looks with the Le Mans fairing!

It would probably also put a wee bit of weight over the front too, which may not be a bad thing either.

I'm still kinda smitten with her with the wee Stucchi model though!

Cheers Guzzler

• 3 weeks later...

This was posted on a another thread (thanks sign216 and footgoose!), but deserves a place here.

Luciano Marabese's original monoposto V11 Sport still with 5 speed gearbox:

V11%20sport%20prototype.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:53 AM, docc said:

This was posted on a another thread (thanks sign216 and footgoose!), but deserves a place here.

Luciano Marabese's original monoposto V11 Sport still with 5 speed gearbox:

V11%20sport%20prototype.jpg

How can a design so old still look out of the future ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mikko said:

When is it? If not, pm your details and I’ll send ‘em out. UPS should dropping them into my grubby mitts this Friday.

This weekend. Free beer. (Guzzi content)  :D Good beer, too.. generally 10 or more micro brews on tap thurs-sun. :bier: Great riding in the bucolic driftless region of western Wisconsin. :race: Oh, yeah.. Wisconsin cheese and brats.. :cheese: (always wanted to use that one)

Plenty of characters to hang with.  :grin:

• 6 months later...
On 5/17/2019 at 7:55 AM, milar said:

Mike

Fantastic! New inspiration! 

On 10/26/2016 at 6:52 PM, Scud said:

I think he also designed the Griso. I sure like the Greenie with the LeMans fairing.  :P:

Me too, considering my new paint scheme, anyone got a paint code ?

53 minutes ago, NEWELL said:

Me too, considering my new paint scheme, anyone got a paint code ?

Look at this topic: