30 amp fuse failure

docc

Having recent trouble starting the bike, then it was okay without any repair. :huh: It turns over, sort of wants to start as if it needs gas. I suspected the fuel pump, but I hear it wind up no problem.

I chekced this fuse and yup, melted, but not burned out. I replaced it, tried starting the bike, no different. Pulled the new fuse, and it too is melted. 

Super long thread, what am I to do, replace with a breaker, or relay?

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/pbcircuitbrkr.php

Nope , your problem is at the terminal itself . IDK if you are working on the factory wiring or an add-on wiring harness.

That Starter Relay Harness might address your  later generation V11 starting issues (startus interuptus), but not the hot fuse.

My final solution was the Aircraft Spruce (Tyco) service relay.

• Like 3

We all should be using consumables and parts from aircraft vendors . These companies cannot afford to sell anything less than the best !

• Like 3

Thanks guys, super fast reply! It is the OEM harness, however I added the forum-advised extra ground when I first bought the bike.

So to correct this, I bypass the fuse block, running a circuit breaker style, in place of the 30a fuse.

19 minutes ago, LaGrasta said:

Thanks guys, super fast reply! It is the OEM harness, however I added the forum-advised extra ground when I first bought the bike.

So to correct this, I bypass the fuse block, running a circuit breaker style, in place of the 30a fuse.

This is the topic post marked as the "answer" and references the pages with the installation details:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I bought the breaker from Amazon, planned to have installed it this past weekend, but it wasn't delivered until Sunday evening. I did manage to free the buss, cut the wires and prep it. In doing so, I discovered a previously installed butt-connector on the 15amp fuse that easily fell off. I'll solder that back when I finish the CB install.

Much thanks to @gstallons, for calling me to advise my repair and check in on my progress. I've got a friend in Kentucky!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gstallons said:

I just want you to enjoy your enigma machine as much as possible. 

Haha - oh, my: yes!

a88e8256c4b4994085140a7518ac5d24.jpg&f=1

gallery_328_223_1207979.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Seems I never updated anyone yet, sorry about that. I installed the circuit breaker, went it easy and works perfect, bike starts and runs as intended.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08QTSZ32B/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3