Docc.. I'm thinking it just may be time for an intervention..  :huh2:

More copper hammers? :huh:    I'm in!  :grin:

Seriously, I never did build one of those cool leather covered panel mallets.  But, found this shingling hatchet head at the son's new house left-over from the last roofing. Just had to restore it, re-handle and Shingling Hatchet Gauge . . .

IMG_5002.jpg

b5fb6e84-5f56-4cde-ab2e-3ca276b25459.jpg

Gave me an education in setting shingle reveal . . .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I saw some little "restorers prybars" with the backside faced for striking (smoting?), and faced my set of Lady's Feet. The largest (16") came out with a nice cross-peen weighing in at 494g, seen here with my vintage Gedore 500g machinist's Hammer . . .

IMG_5921.jpg

• 7 months later...

Oh dear. Someone posted a pic of a podgy bar! We're doomed!

In a desperate attempt to do something to entertain ourselves in retirement Jude and I have been looking for a 'Sport' or 'Passtime' to get involved in. We know loads of people who are in to lawn bowls but they are all dull as ditchwater and as sharp as bags of wet mice so we ran away from that but in Queanbeyan, just up the road, there is a croquet club!

Now yer talkin'! They give you a WEAPON, a bloody great hammer! Tops! :D

Pete

• Like 2

Oh dear. Someone posted a pic of a podgy bar! We're doomed!

In a desperate attempt to do something to entertain ourselves in retirement Jude and I have been looking for a 'Sport' or 'Passtime' to get involved in. We know loads of people who are in to lawn bowls but they are all dull as ditchwater and as sharp as bags of wet mice so we ran away from that but in Queanbeyan, just up the road, there is a croquet club!

Now yer talkin'! They give you a WEAPON, a bloody great hammer! Tops! :D

Pete

Excellent, do they by chance also have a bar that serves up a decent red as well Pete?

Ciao

I fear that we'd have to go to the bowling club for that, (Shudder!) but unlike 20-25 years ago when all the pubs in Queanbeyan were Friday night bloodhouses and DIY rhinoplasty centres most of them have been very nicely renovated and serve not only good scoff but some decent BWS! All is not lost!

Back in the early 50s we played croquet on the front lawn. It was a rather civil game.. but no telling how it's played in Austria. :grin:

Or even Australia.   :whistle:

Bilhelm