Champagne wishes...

Scud

I think I'm gonna rename my garage Goose Island.

IMG_6038.jpg

Here's a tip on installing a Roper Plate - use two extra long screws to keep all 4 layers aligned. Then hang it from the block, push it up and put in all the other bolts.

IMG_6040.jpg

And nothing says "I bloody well give a shit" like a Roper line:

IMG_6051.jpg

• Like 5

I think I'm gonna rename my garage Goose Island.

IMG_6038.jpg

Here's a tip on installing a Roper Plate - use two extra long screws to keep all 4 layers aligned. Then hang it from the block, push it up and put in all the other bolts.

IMG_6040.jpg

And nothing says "I bloody well give a shit" like a Roper line:

IMG_6051.jpg

No shaved apes on Goose Island!

Nice work, Tim!

Shaun

Thanks guys. I've been hoping to get it done in time to ride to the Not-A-Rally near Sedona, Arizona on May 5-7. But with my business travel lately it seems unlikely. Won't be home till Wednesday evening - not enough time to finish up and do some shake-down rides. And I still have to get it registered in CA.

And did you see the Greenie reflected in the Roper Plate?  Too subtle?  I may have to set the Green tank on this bike and wheel(ie) it into the sun to see how it looks with candy-red rocker covers.

Currently enjoying the Hudson River out the window of Amtrak on the way back to Penn Station in NYC.

Naa, it's just green gaskets.. you're not foolin me.. :rasta:

Au contraire. You can clearly see the Greenie's starter cover reflected on the plate in the middle picture - and the silver engine in the background.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well... tonight was supposed to be the "It runs" celebration. But It's got a fuel leak and I am puzzled. Glad I pushed it outside for this test - and had hose (and fire extinguishers) at the ready.

IMG_6110.jpg

As a reminder, I installed a new Wix fuel filter and all new fuel lines and clamps a few months back.

Here's the sequence of events:

• Installed tank, turned on key, smelled gas. Inspection shows gas on top of engine.
  • Turn on key again while watching - gas seems to be coming out of the top of the fuel pump. (rinse with water).
  • Decide that old fuel pump may be bad - install fuel pump from parts bike.
  • While I was there, I verified that the arrow on the fuel filter is pointing in the direction of fuel flow. Also tightened up all hose clamps (firm with nut-driver, but not using leverage of a small ratchet).
  • Turn key on again - gas seems to again be coming from the top of the pump. (again rinse with water)
  • Discovered kink in fuel line right before pressure regulator. Cut hose a little shorter to get better curve and reinstall.
  • Turn on key - same leak from pump.

So... I am confused. First I figured something went bad inside the original pump. But I am surprised to see the replacement pump leak at the same spot. So... It'll come apart again tomorrow. Any ideas what I should be looking for? Can I test the pump off the bike? Can a pump break an internal seal if a fuel line is kinked?

But . . . I'm distracted by how gnarly that V11 looks like it sits . . .

I think you should even ride it without the seat. :ninja: Grrrrrrrr:::::

I mean: look at that pattern of *trellis* rear subframe tubes  . . . I have never seen that aspect of this design before . . .

Your bike isn't really "naked" unless you can see its *skeleton* . . .

IMG_6110.jpg

Street fighter!

I'm sure you've replaced the fuel hoses. I know I've had the ends of fuel hose fray a little and a little snip off the end and sliding the clamp back a little. That's the only thing I can think of.... Are these typical worm drive hose clamps?