Champagne wishes...

Scud

Crap. Sorry about that, Scud. *I've* never heard a bad rod bearing sound like that, fwiw. The pins "felt" normal when you put the pistons on?

Pop down to Walmart and get an endoscope, small digital camera on a flex lead that plugs into your phone. Remove a spark plug and have a look, be carefull how far you move the piston with the camera inside LOL.

Endoscope.jpeg

• Like 1

I think I'll buy one of those cameras. I'm sure it will be handy for other stuff too.

The piston pins went in smoothly - no force required.

I had a surprise visit today from my brother-in-law, who is a good mechanic. We tightened the valves to .002" In and .004" Ex. There was no change. He agrees that the noise sounds like it is coming from the top end. Since the heads appear to be in good condition, I suppose suspicions should now be focused on the camshaft.

I think I'll buy one of those cameras. I'm sure it will be handy for other stuff too.

The piston pins went in smoothly - no force required.

I had a surprise visit today from my brother-in-law, who is a good mechanic. We tightened the valves to .002" In and .004" Ex. There was no change. He agrees that the noise sounds like it is coming from the top end. Since the heads appear to be in good condition, I suppose suspicions should now be focused on the camshaft.

That's my best guess..

I haven't been posting much, but I've peeked in a few times.

I'm sorry to see you're having engine trouble... but I know you'll figure it out. I believe in you! ;)

Thanks for giving my old bike a new life. I miss it.

-Joe

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

She got bumped down in the project queue by the Greenie. No recent updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She got bumped down in the project queue by the Greenie. No recent updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I approve of this.

I was hoping to have another listen to that video, but it seems the link is broken...

Could you maybe re-upload it?

Thanks