Chuck's aerial-Lario

Chuck

Uhhh, it's a *very* long story. Basically, I was alerted to a thread on WildGuzzi that there was a drone engine on Craigslist in Alabama. It was new in the crate, complete with prop drive, fuel injection, etc.

I converted it to motorcycle use in the Lario over the winter, using Aero engine, Lario, and V65 parts. There was really no place to package the computer on the bike, so I went with Delorto 36s.

The whole thing is documented on WG, and is an epic thread. Many knowledgeable people kept me out of trouble. :)

This video was done by my friend Joe, and was the first start attempt. The Kid came down from Wisconsin, and brought some grappa. We toasted Luigi and lit it off. :rasta: It ran really well except it needed more fuel at idle. Another turn and a half out on the needle was all it needed. :grin:

I'd rather be lucky than good..

Here's the thread on WG..

http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=65696.240

• Like 2

I assume that that motor, like the original Lario motor, is not a heron head motor.

But I would think the main differences are only in the heads.

Well, I didn't start this topic.. it just magically appeared. :) To answer your questions, flip through the build thread I posted. I just looked at it, got hooked, and spent an hour or so riding down memory lane. It *was* one of the most entertaining projects I've ever done..

For a quick answer, yes, they are similar.. it's Guzzi we're talking about here, forheavinsake.. but different enough to be a little challenging. :luigi: I learned a *lot* about small blocks, and I hope many others did, too.

what a beauty Chuck. Hope to see it someday. I live just south of you in Indy. I made the Guzzi lunch one time, and met some fine folks. Does that occur once a week or monthly?

Monthly. First Sunday at 1pm. You missed seeing Derek's new Red Motus (!) and Roadkylls trike. Joe, the previous keeper of Scud's lemon was there for the last time before moving to Germany, too.

• 11 months later...

I guess, technically, you can claim to be the only owner of a working Ippogrifo! [Guzzi's still-born show bike from the '90s based on the hemi-head small block aero engine...]