Aircraft/ piloting analogies

I prefer the rush of a fast motorcycle over the single prop Cessnas I fly any day.  I've never had the pleasure of flying a P51 Mustang.  I imagine that would be a different experience entirely..  

I have always wanted to learn to fly an Ultra light.  From what I have been told by several pilots that is as close to flying by "the seat of your pants" as you can get.  Only one pilot ever had anything good to say about them though.

Chuck- no more tree top flying?  I thought that would be a good thing, you dont have as far to fall!  

I have always wanted to learn to fly an Ultra light.  From what I have been told by several pilots that is as close to flying by "the seat of your pants" as you can get.  Only one pilot ever had anything good to say about them though.

Chuck- no more tree top flying?  I thought that would be a good thing, you dont have as far to fall!  

Here is a neat Ultra Light that some of you home builders might really like. http://betterhalfvw.com/

Here is a neat Ultra Light that some of you home builders might really like. http://betterhalfvw.com/

*cute* . . . but . . . probably doesn't have the power-to-weight ratio of a V11 Moto Guzzi. ;)

POS  :huh2: Sorry, just MHO.

I prefer the rush of a fast motorcycle over the single prop Cessnas I fly any day.  I've never had the pleasure of flying a P51 Mustang.  I imagine that would be a different experience entirely..  

I don't know, but I've been told by guys, that should know, that the S1 Pitts is about as close as a poor man will get.

• Like 2

In high school during a lunch ride a close friend flew his 550 4 honda thru a wire fence. His mortified father snatched the keys from him and promptly bought a Grumman V tail aircraft. Had enough life left in the engine to attain instrument and commercial rating. We were 17, that poor Grumman was tough is all I can say. Loops, rolls, stalls, spins. Fuselage popping and squeaking

I remember trying to stay oriented and looking over at him, calm almost bored, the land and skyscape a kaleidoscope.  My guts were in my mouth. He still flys commercial to this day, won't touch a bike... far too dangerous. Wouldn't want to push ones luck now.

• Like 1

Jester-Here is a neat Ultra Light that some of you home builders might really like. http://betterhalfvw.com/

When I looked at the photos on that site I expected to see Snoopy in the cockpit with his white scarf flowing in the wind!  And isnt half a VW a BMW?  Thanks for positng

Jerry

Oops.. sorry about that. A little background. Mory Hummel was a gifted designer/builder back in the day. He was a marvelous metal worker, and his ship had compound curved fairings all over, a gorgeous thing. I'm pretty sure he's no longer with us, but he sold the rights to this company. A (ahem) 93 old friend built one and flew it a few years ago. His 70 year old kid was worried to death, but I told him, "sometimes, you just have to let them do what they want to do.." He just smiled and said, "Yeah, I guess you're right.." Fred loved that little bird and flew it a fair amount. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...