Harbor Freight Motorcycle Lift

danl

+1 on both the lift and finding a better way to park the front wheel. I roll my Sport into a Baxley Trailer SportChock. If I'm wrangling it around much, I'll tie it down with ratchet straps.

The factory shop stand doesn't roll well on the diamond plate, so I use a suitably sized polyethylene cutting board under it. Once on the stand, the sump can be jacked to remove the front wheel (or entire front end for that matter).

• 4 months later...

IMG_4401_zps90783f0f.jpg

It helps to have a cute redhead with a truck help deliver the lift. The wife, on the other hand, was not amused.

IMG_4453_zpsb9e920b2.jpg

IMG_4408_zpsf08da92f.jpg

Based on the wisdom over on ADV the first thing I did was toss the wheel clamp and bolted on the HF wheel chock. It's adjustable so it securely fits a wide variety of bikes. With the chock you can roll the bike on by yourself and it will stand securely. You can then attached the tiedowns for added security at your leisure.

IMG_4399_zps028f5d37.jpg

I too was one of those people who couldn't understand how I went so long without a proper lift. Previously I had a homemade stand, which worked pretty good but I was limited by how big of a bike I could roll up the ramp to it. 200lb Bultaco? Not a problem, 400lb Norton, not as fun.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1800-lb-capacity-motorcycle-standwheel-chock-61670.html

At around $60 give or take (be sure to use coupons!) it's a huge relief to have the bike held very securely.

Should you posting something yellow in the "Cars . . . " thread? :sun:

No one here cares about old cars...

Oh, you must go to the "Cars . . ." thread. Otherwise, you could start your own "Identify This Car By Only the Front Corner" thread . . . :whistle:

Oh, you must go to the "Cars . . ." thread. Otherwise, you could start your own "Identify This Car By Only the Front Corner" thread . . . :whistle:

Fine, just to make you happy.  :bbblll:  :D

This business of sneaking in Bultacos is highly circumspect on the other hand.

I hate that when that happens.

33780109800_218a8cf6fd_b.jpg

• Like 1

I still need to figure out how to change the front tire. I can borrow one of the side lifts which should get it off the ground just enough.

I still need to figure out how to change the front tire. I can borrow one of the side lifts which should get it off the ground just enough.

you could do as Chuck mentioned and back the bike in. Nice Norton btw. I owned a 75 for several years. Sweet sound. Garage art.