It was too good a deal to pass up.......

nobleswood

Nobleswood .... Congrats on the new purchase!!!

Love the Griso and its probably in my future also.

Learned a lot from this post.

Holding out for this though.......

100 Anniversary that the factory might build.....wishful thinking.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeAccomlCJz/?taken-by=guareschi_moto

Yes, congrats on the new ride. I was an early fan of the Griso and don't understand how Guzzi doesn't still make a version. It is the modern day LeMans.

Griso was the closest thing that Guzzi made to a 'Sportsbike' for a decade. Only thing it didn't have is the 'Dog Shagging a Hockey Ball' riding position and being a Guzzi it was too long and heavy to really be a Sportsbike.

The bike doesn't speak to everyone, that's fine by me, but properly set up they are both comfortable and, in true Guzzi form, punch well above their weight. Since their demise all Guzzi makes is bloated 'Cruisers' and mobile phone cases with wheels designed for the vapid and backward looking. It's a damn shame.

Pete

• Like 2

Griso was the closest thing that Guzzi made to a 'Sportsbike' for a decade. Only thing it didn't have is the 'Dog Shagging a Hockey Ball' riding position and being a Guzzi it was too long and heavy to really be a Sportsbike.

The bike doesn't speak to everyone, that's fine by me, but properly set up they are both comfortable and, in true Guzzi form, punch well above their weight.

Pete

That, Guys & girls is Pete's declaration of affection on this Valentine's Day.

• Like 3

I agree with Pete, it was for a long time the sportiest bike Guzzi made. Previous Guzzi sporty bikes were the various V11 sports and LeMans, which was not the LeMans I was comparing the Griso to, unbunch your panties ;-) , and the original LeMans. I would call the Griso more of a GT bike, a sporty bike I can ride all day. That is something I would also say about the V11 based bikes. As soon as you start calling them sportbikes you invoke all kinds of comparisons, most of them a Guzzi ain't gonna' win. But that doesn't mean I would not take the Guzzi over most any "sportbike".

If you want something comfortable that handles like a Sportsbike try a TV-4. 

What is a TV-4? I just looked and Google doesn't seem to know.

As for a comfortable bike with sportbike performance, my Ducati ST3 fits the bill.

I think he's talking about a Tuono. One of them with a magazine tester spanked me and the Mighty Scura on the Snake.  :race: Of course, we could have traded bikes and he still would have spanked me, but that T was fast. :oldgit:

Yeah, a TV4 is a Tuono V4. I would love one, but I am not sure I am grown up enough to behave properly on one.

The first Tuono's were based on the RSV twin. When they made the RSV4, they started making the V4 version of the Tuono. It is seriously cool.

I am *not* too old for one. :oldgit:  :grin:  But. The Magazine tester and I stopped at the Rock Store sat on the steps, and shot the shit for quite a while. He said it ran like a bear once the dealer "finally" got the electronics sorted. AFAIK, there's no dealer within a day's ride in Indiana, and I wouldn't trust that pimply faced kid in the service department to sort it out if there was.