It was too good a deal to pass up.......

nobleswood

You may not be too old Chuck but put your hand on your heart, look me in the eye, and tell me you could do it justice...........:D

I see girls walking down the street every day and know that I could disappoint them like the've never been disappointed before. Suggesting some sort of tawdry assignation would, inevitably, end badly and in both scenarios I could see lots of bruising, some missing flesh and probably a court case. Not to mention the public humiliation in the papers!

A TV-4 is just spastic! Stand beside it and just hold one end of the handlebars and rock it from side to side. I think you'd find the AeroLario feels heavier! You have to put a block of lead on the seat when they're parked to stop them blowing away in a light breeze though! And it's got 120RWHP straight out of the box! That's almost twice what a V11 makes and 20 more than a well set up 8V! Both of which weigh an unholy amount more?

Pete

• Like 1

You may not be too old Chuck but put your hand on your heart, look me in the eye, and tell me you could do it justice........... :D

I see girls walking down the street every day and know that I could disappoint them like the've never been disappointed before. Suggesting some sort of tawdry assignation would, inevitably, end badly and in both scenarios I could see lots of bruising, some missing flesh and probably a court case. Not to mention the public humiliation in the papers!

A TV-4 is just spastic! Stand beside it and just hold one end of the handlebars and rock it from side to side. I think you'd find the AeroLario feels heavier! You have to put a block of lead on the seat when they're parked to stop them blowing away in a light breeze though! And it's got 120RWHP straight out of the box! That's almost twice what a V11 makes and 20 more than a well set up 8V! Both of which weigh an unholy amount more?

Pete

Damn it Pete! Stop it! You are getting me all worked up and next thing you know I will end up buying one. You should sell them for a living, you are hitting all the right buttons with me. Tell me how stupid it is for me to buy it and I am there.......

• Like 1

You may not be too old Chuck but put your hand on your heart, look me in the eye, and tell me you could do it justice........... :D

Do it justice? No. Make that Hell no.  :)  That doesn't mean that it wouldn't be fun to ride though. I can't do a Pitts Special, a *very* capable over powered aerobatic airplane justice either.. but it's still a hoot to operate that machine.  :huh2:  

GuzziMoto.. Go for it.  :grin:  It would be stupid to buy it..

Damn it Pete! Stop it! You are getting me all worked up and next thing you know I will end up buying one. You should sell them for a living, you are hitting all the right buttons with me. Tell me how stupid it is for me to buy it and I am there.......

Oh, they're a very easy bike to get all moist over!

One of the things I've always thought would make sense with bikes like the TV-4 would be to club together with a few other blokes/blokesses and buy one as a collective. That way not only does the purchase cost become a lot more affordable but the cost of consumables, like tyres, (And believe me, you'll be buying a metric fuquetonne of tyres!) and servicing can be bought back into the realm of reality.

While they are huge, bigly-vast, stupid fun they really aren't a sensible bike you can ride every day and to try and do so is a spectacular waste. Share the ownership with others and just run a log book of who wants to use it when and then work out costs proportionally.

Most of the TV-4 owners I had as customers were either whiney and needy or borderline mentally retarded. They were all, to a man, completely barking mad and most of them were on their second TV-4 because they'd tossed the first one into the scrub! It's easy to do as they are as unforgiving as they are brutal and take no prisoners!

Pete

My 1100 was yellow not black and if I found some anorexic slapper with National Geographic tits hanging about around it wearing sunnies to cover up her dilated, drug fuqued, pupils you can bet your arse I'd be shooing her away! I wouldn't be wanting to tread on the needles and knotted condoms as I got on for a ride!

• 2 months later...

100 hp dirt bikes are fun.  

But the fuel range? Heavier could mean getting further (and back).

What's the tank range on a Husky 701?

The 701 holds 13 Liters (3.4 Gallons). 50-70 MPG yields 150-210 range with 0.4 gallons left in the tank. I haven't pushed it that far yet, but 50+ MPG is realistic on the street. 

I think the range is about the same as my KTM950 Adventure (an actual 100HP dirt bike - with closer to 6 gallons, but low 30s MPG.)

The 701 holds 13 Liters (3.4 Gallons). 50-70 MPG yields 150-210 range with 0.4 gallons left in the tank. I haven't pushed it that far yet, but 50+ MPG is realistic on the street. 

I think the range is about the same as my KTM950 Adventure (an actual 100HP dirt bike - with closer to 6 gallons, but low 30s MPG.)

Makes me get all giddy . . . my V11 ranges maybe 150-170 US miles. Then it is the *tip-slosh-hope-full throttle*  roadside  ballet . . . . :huh: