Best Relay

docc

23 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

Docc, I don't suppose you'd ask Pyro Dan?   :bbblll:

Well, seems "somebody" must have bought the last 1200 or so OMRON G8HE High Current 5-pin micro-relays. Perhaps the source will present itself. Prolly ain't gwanna be five bucks anymore . . .

"Pssst! Hey! Hey, buddy . . . gotch'yer C-form H-E ree-layz, here.  Comes with a free horse."  <_<:ninja::ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The datasheet on this TE Connectivity 1-form-C HC (High Current) appears to check out. Not sure where they are made, or if we can even get them. Remember, there are high current loads on certain of our V11 relays that benefit from true high current relays with quality construction like silver contacts.

https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/418/5/NG_DS_V23074-X0000-A001_0615-844367.pdf

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

two kinds of relays, those the work and those that don't.  :huh2:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThsNJKsYbE8EroFRjCx9K

I dig! I dig! :luigi::luigi:

• Like 2

On 6/11/2021 at 7:23 PM, docc said:

The datasheet on this TE Connectivity 1-form-C HC (High Current) appears to check out. Not sure where they are made, or if we can even get them. Remember, there are high current loads on certain of our V11 relays that benefit from true high current relays with quality construction like silver contacts.

https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/418/5/NG_DS_V23074-X0000-A001_0615-844367.pdf

I went a googling and ended up in the exact same page from mouser -  

on ebay an option  but from china-

https://www.ebay.com/itm/273548275761?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5338722076&toolid=10001

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2020 at 4:33 AM, hammershaug said:

Is the relays from onlinecomponents US-made? Suspiciously low price..:

https://www.onlinecomponents.com/omron-electronics/g8he1c7trdc12-42670683.html

More confident here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OMRON-G8HE-1C7T-R1-12V-DC-40A-High-Current-Automotive-Relay-Pack-of-2/352399730739

Omron Automotive SPDT 40A 12V, High Current Automotive 5 Pin Relay 

Omron Relay Made in USA
Coil Voltage: 12 VDC , 40A Contact 
Contact Form: SPDT (1 Form C) 
Contact Material: Silver Tin Oxide (AgSnO) 
Mounting Style: Socket-able
Terminals Style: Plug and Play
Full automated assembly
Power Consumption: 1.3W
Coil Resistance: 124 Ohms
Designed to meet all standard Mini ISO load re- quirements
L x W x H = 22.7 x 15.2 x 26.6 mm nominal 
Operating Temperature: -40°C ~ 125°C

Reviving this posting: I recently determined that my tach died due to a faulty relay (after swapping them around I found that the tach does in fact work). Is there any reason not to purchase the relays in the quoted eBay posting for all 5 positions? They appear to be compatible with the recommended relay spec in this thread? Thanks!

Yes, get the same 5 prong relays replacement for all of them. 

Swapping relays is an essential practice and long standing pastime and hobby in the Guzzi world.  :huh2:

BTW- I'd wager that some of the other dash functions weren't working but I can't think off the top of my head what other functions that relay controls. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

Yes, get the same 5 prong relays replacement for all of them. 

Swapping relays is an essential practice and long standing pastime and hobby in the Guzzi world.  :huh2:

BTW- I'd wager that some of the other dash functions weren't working but I can't think off the top of my head what other functions that relay controls. 

Great, thanks LowRyter. Placing my order today and starting my new relay hobby :D!

• 3 weeks later...

So I received my Omron relays today from eBay. All I can say is that the quality of the housing is notable better than some others, and that they literally weigh twice as much as the non-Omron relays I have in the bike. Yikes...they may actually be what we hope them to be.

0715211356.jpg

• Like 2

The difference in infrared temperature readings between other relays and these High Current OMRON (especially in Position #5) by different members was really telling.  The components that add up to that weight difference certainly matter.

Pressureangle,, those are Omron's on Ebay,, Form C with made in USA ? And they weigh ?
Mine, sure US made, weigh 20gram.
Cheers Tom. 49730432c6f84cec698839aa60896ec6.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A505FN via Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/15/2021 at 2:28 PM, Tomchri said:

Pressureangle,, those are Omron's on Ebay,, Form C with made in USA ? And they weigh ?
Mine, sure US made, weigh 20gram.
Cheers Tom. 49730432c6f84cec698839aa60896ec6.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A505FN via Tapatalk

+1 on the 20.0 grams with my analog method. For comparison, my original Seimans are 15.1 grams. [ Note that "sealed" relays and those with wider coil contact blades add weight without adding capacity.]

IMG_5399.jpg

I have edited the "Answer" post to direct buyers to ebay. Please continue to post reliable, available sources of these desirable components.

Also, it occurred to me that @Pressureangle is using these in an 1997 1100 Sport-i. I am not sure the sequence or number of relays on that model. Are there still five relays in a row?

54 minutes ago, docc said:

+1 on the 20.0 grams with my analog method. For comparison, my original Seimans are 15.1 grams. [ Note that "sealed" relays and those with wider coil contact blades add weight without adding capacity.]

I have edited the "Answer" post to direct buyers to ebay. Please continue to post reliable, available sources of these desirable components.

Also, it occurred to me that @Pressureangle is using these in an 1997 1100 Sport-i. I am not sure the sequence or number of relays on that model. Are there still five relays in a row?

Good grief, made me climb the ladder and wake up ol' 3-31 and remind myself how old I am.
I have only 4 relays.
Weights;
Siemens original 15.1g
GEI Chinese, 18.9g
Omron USA, 20.1g

The Omrons aren't noticeably heavier than what's in the bike, I'd been fondling my Seimens spares. 

0715211904.jpg

0715211911.jpg

• Thanks 1