Triskaidekaphobic South'n Spine Raid 2017

Josh

OK......put your rabbits foot keychain away, we'll call it the fourteenth. :grin:

Looks like we're committed to :

"Triskaidekaphobic B)

And this is before the infrared temperature reader comes out and starts scanning relays! :sun:

(Almost) all traces of this fourteenth-thirteenth business have been obscured .  .  . :ninja:

I had been looking at these all spring and finally took the plunge. It is as vital as any tool I have . Flir , Seek , SnapOn & some others have them . Some will piggy back on your cell phone too .

I had been looking at these all spring and finally took the plunge. It is as vital as any tool I have . Flir , Seek , SnapOn & some others have them . Some will piggy back on your cell phone too .

I seen the FLIR case for smartphones. Does it give an actual quantified temperature or just a color scale?

I'm not sure about the models for cell phones . You will have to look on their website . After I bought mine ,a month or two later they had a Black Friday sale . About 2/3 of what I paid for mine. OUCH ! 

You might look for "refurbished" ones on their website . Probably returns or something of that nature . The models for phones are way under $400.00 .

For $400, I'll touch my lips to it..:)

I think my handy little reader goes for thirteen bucks. Probably less at HF.

I've used it a lot! :thumbsup:

For $400, I'll touch my lips to it..:)

I think my handy little reader goes for thirteen bucks. Probably less at HF.

I've used it a lot! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I have one too. Naturally, I bought it at the highest price several years ago when they first came out.  :rolleyes:  Works great for spotting a dud cylinder on an airplane.

All this talk about IR heat guns left me with a little "gun envy." So I just bought an entry-level unit for 13 dollars (which seems somehow relevant to this thread...) Gonna use it to try to bake the brake caliper paint on the fork bottoms at the correct temperature.  

I used my IR reader while curing the zinc chromate on my alternator cover. We used it at one Spine Raid to read Rear Drive temps.

:luigi:    A myriad of uses, many of them V11!   :mg:

IMG_0628.JPG.jpeg

• 1 month later...

All this talk about IR heat guns left me with a little "gun envy." So I just bought an entry-level unit for 13 dollars (which seems somehow relevant to this thread...) Gonna use it to try to bake the brake caliper paint on the fork bottoms at the correct temperature.  

Oh, thanks.

Didn't even know I needed one 'til I read this thread burst.  

Just ordered same item.  I need therapy.  :grin:

Bill