Ti exhaust

BigBlock

These arrived a couple days ago, thanks to board member (doug m) for the great deal and smooth transaction. :thumbsup:  What can I say, they are a work of art!!  Haven't completed the install yet, but will post pics when finished.

As it seems most people prefer to mount them high so that is the way I'm going. The bike right now has Staintune pipes (without db killers) and the FBF air filter kit. It runs great now so that is why I'm asking whether I should leave the stock ECU in or just put the ECU that came with the Ti exhaust.

Any thing else I should  know/do regarding installing this system.

Posted Image

Bummer about losing the original thread - but looking forward to seeing these on your bike.

Having recently installed a new set on my LeMans, here are a couple things I remember:

• Don't install the springs between the pipes and cans until you get everything lined up where you want it. I learned this the hard way.
  • The motorcycle is not exactly symmetrical - and it is very difficult to get the pipes to terminate symmetrically in the back - but you can get pretty close.

As for the ECU - why not just pop it in with the pipes and see how she runs?

How much are they?

pretty sure they were 1495.00 when they were available from Guzzi. Alas, no more. Last year there was a special "find" and some sets were sold by Harpers for 1000.00. They pop up used rarely, or "garage NOS" now and then. Keep an eye out.

Can hardly wait to finish installing them and hear those Ti pipes!  Been kind of busy with some other projects so haven't had a chance to finish it, just got the exhaust hangers on so far.

Since the Ti ECU map is available on Guzzidiag, would downloading the Ti map to my stock ECU be the way to go instead of physically swapping my stock one for the Ti ECU?  Just curious.

I would definately save the stock map before any changes. 

Those are awesome pipes. They sound good, look good, and weigh a lot less than the stock pipes.

They do dent easily though, so be careful.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19286&page=2&do=findComment&comment=209717

If you do get a dent, & need to repair them, there is a really helpful guide here:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13524&do=findComment&comment=146073

As for writing a Ti map on your old ECU, or fitting the new ECU, there is actually less effort to fit the new ECU. Even though the Ti map is richer than standard, you still need GuzziDiag to check that the fuel trim is a least zero. For me, +15 was better.

Best of all for me is Meinolf's map #41. It is excellent! Load his map onto your old ECU, and the new Ti ECU will be left to gather dust.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17865&page=14&do=findComment&comment=213970

Any thing else I should  know/do regarding installing this system.

staintune all the way from Aussi?

Marty pretty much covers it all... im interested tho you say it runs great, is it smooth through 2800-3000rpm? 

you should find with the TI ECU it will run even beter try it its only 4 wee bolts and a plug

Marty, thanks for the links on the Ti exhaust  I think I will install the Ti ECU, see how it runs. When you say adjust fuel trim you don't mean adjust the CO. 

dangerous, the PO had installed the Staintunes.

I have set of Staintunes on my '02 V11 (thanks Moto fugazzi) They sound great. Nice and deep without being too loud. I run them w/o the db inserts.