2003 Le Mans Production Numbers

SMDL

Hello Tomchri, Here in BC insurance for my 2004 V11 Ballabio runs about 1200 to 1300$ Canadian (8500 kr ?) and that is with safe driving discounts etc. Norway's rates are quite reasonable by comparison! And I've heard you have some beautiful motorcycling roads in Norway.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I just got approval for collector plate and insurance for my 2004 Moto Guzzi Ballabio in BC today. I checked the boxes on the application that said 15 years old and less than 1500 manufactured. I did not provide any data with the application. After about 5 weeks I got approved and just went and picked up the plate and insurance now. I assume they already have the data as I know of one other person in BC that had obtained Collector plate for 2003 Lemans. The cost per year is $ 219 for 2 million liability plus license plate fee for a total about 300.  I just got 3 month worth and was $90 with license plate and fee cost. The license plate fee is one time, as long as you keep the same one.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 6/3/2021 at 5:51 PM, PhillipLarsen said:

I just got approval for collector plate and insurance for my 2004 Moto Guzzi Ballabio in BC today. I checked the boxes on the application that said 15 years old and less than 1500 manufactured. I did not provide any data with the application. After about 5 weeks I got approved and just went and picked up the plate and insurance now. I assume they already have the data as I know of one other person in BC that had obtained Collector plate for 2003 Lemans. The cost per year is $ 219 for 2 million liability plus license plate fee for a total about 300.  I just got 3 month worth and was $90 with license plate and fee cost. The license plate fee is one time, as long as you keep the same one.

Great news.  Thanks for posting this.  I saw another v11 posted on Facebook for sale, and chatted with the owner, he gave me the idea of the collector plates, so Im going to submit for mine tomorrow.   Ive got a 2004 Guzzi V11 sport cafe here in Vancouver.   :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Just curious...

How much do you actually pay for insurance for a V11 in Canada? are the rates different depending which state you live?

Today, I pay less in insurance premium than I used to when I lived in Europe. I was just amazed at how cheap it is.

16 hours ago, p6x said:

Just curious...

How much do you actually pay for insurance for a V11 in Canada? are the rates different depending which state you live?

Today, I pay less in insurance premium than I used to when I lived in Europe. I was just amazed at how cheap it is.

Hey there, same guy as above just figured out I had a previous account on the forum.  Ill delete the old profile.    I pay about 1200 Canadian a yr or about 1000 USD roughly.   The collectors plate ill hopefully get is about 160USD a yr, which would be great because I usually only ride about 1000 kms a yr on the v11.  

16 hours ago, loteqv11Naked said:

Hey there, same guy as above just figured out I had a previous account on the forum.  Ill delete the old profile.    I pay about 1200 Canadian a yr or about 1000 USD roughly.   The collectors plate ill hopefully get is about 160USD a yr, which would be great because I usually only ride about 1000 kms a yr on the v11.  

I pay 355 USD for 12 months.

Compared to what I pay for my car, it is nothing.

In Europe, motorcycle insurances are more expensive than car's. And if you just got your driver's license, some companies refuse to insure you. So here in Texas, it is less expensive to insure a motorbike than a car. I don't get it.

43 minutes ago, p6x said:

I pay 355 USD for 12 months.

Compared to what I pay for my car, it is nothing.

In Europe, motorcycle insurances are more expensive than car's. And if you just got your driver's license, some companies refuse to insure you. So here in Texas, it is less expensive to insure a motorbike than a car. I don't get it.

In the United States "insurance" is a sector of commerce relegated to the individual States (not the Federal Government). Many States constrain insurance premiums by justified, actual loss experience.  Liability losses (your actions hurt others or damaged property) are, by far, the most costly insurance losses.

It is, in fact, rather rare for a motorcyclist to inflict serious harm and damage upon other motorists. In U.S. States where this fact is recognized, motorcycle insurance premiums are very reasonable.

"Sport" bikes with vulnerable body panels often have higher premiums since even minor incidents create a significant damage claim to the insured motorcycle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1