Help me find a green bike

swooshdave

I keep a Honda nearby for this very idea that something should be easy, ready, and low demand.

My Sport has been really reliable over its 100,000+ miles only needing a trailer once (broken stator wire), and a jump start once (loose battery positive). Yet, taking on a 16-17 year old Guzzi? I would expect an *acclimation period* to build a happy and predictable "relationship."

Looks like a late model Bonnie could be your most reliable standby?

I keep a Honda nearby for this very idea that something should be easy, ready, and low demand.

My Sport has been really reliable over its 100,000+ miles only needing a trailer once (broken stator wire), and a jump start once (loose battery positive). Yet, taking on a 16-17 year old Guzzi? I would expect an *acclimation period* to build a happy and predictable "relationship."

Looks like a late model Bonnie could be your most reliable standby?

I intended the T to be my reliable ride to replace the Triumph. I guess that firmly establishes my lack of common sense!

I intended the T to be my reliable ride to replace the Triumph. I guess that firmly establishes my lack of common sense!

Haha... you are a total nut case. Takes one to know one.

There were a couple clean, low-mile greenies for sale a few months ago. Just keep watching craigslist  -  do you know the search all of craigslist site:  http://www.searchcraigslist.org/

If you don't care about originality, you could repaint a black or silver red-frame model.

There were a couple clean, low-mile greenies for sale a few months ago. Just keep watching craigslist  -  do you know the search all of craigslist site:  http://www.searchcraigslist.org/

If you don't care about originality, you could repaint a black or silver red-frame model.

Just to give you guys an idea of what a nut case I am... I'm planning on riding the bike to Barber next year. So something like 5k miles. What could go wrong?

Time to find a bike and sort it out.

Then again I should probably sit on one first to see if it actually fit. Anyone in the Portland area mind if I sit on your bike?  B)

. . .  you could repaint a . . .  silver red-frame model.

Sacrilege! Heretic! Scuristo! :oldgit:

I was thinking about that except using a vinyl wrap so it could be removed.

I'm planning on riding the bike to Barber next year. So something like 5k miles. What could go wrong?

Nothing. Good plan.  :thumbsup:

Just to give you guys an idea of what a nut case I am... I'm planning on riding the bike to Barber next year. So something like 5k miles. What could go wrong?

Time to find a bike and sort it out.

Then again I should probably sit on one first to see if it actually fit. Anyone in the Portland area mind if I sit on your bike?  B)

Let me count the things..   There's a reason that aircraft mechanics generally aren't pilots. :rasta:  :)   No, seriously I'd ride the Mighty Scura anywhere. Any sorted :luigi:  V11S could do a 10K round trip. 

• 2 weeks later...

I found a 2000 Greenie for $5400. It looks well loved with a few miles on it. I have to assume someone fixed all the bugs, er, features.

What is the price range I should be expecting? The lowest I've seen so far is $4500.

I found a 2000 Greenie for $5400. It looks well loved with a few miles on it. I have to assume someone fixed all the bugs, er, features.

What is the price range I should be expecting? The lowest I've seen so far is $4500.

yup, that range should cover it.

Leave something back for the various *undiscovered* fun that you will invariably want to have with it . . . :luigi::nerd::race:

(Assuming some previous owner has addressed all and every issue is likely a formula for some disappointment.)

(Assuming some previous owner has addressed all and every issue is likely a formula for some disappointment.)

Perhaps, but it'll provide forum fodder for the foreseeable future.  :whistle:

• Like 1

Perhaps, but it'll provide forum fodder for the foreseeable future.  :whistle:

get'it-get'it-get'it-get'it . .  . B):thumbsup::mg: