Roper plate

Yam350

Update. First of all many thanks to all of you that replied.....much appreciated.

In desperation I decided to remove the sump again and go through everything just in case. Again it all looked fine, however having removed the sump I thought I may as well remove the roper plate as that was all that had changed. Before that though,I removed the filter to check the seal which looked fine, however it was almost flush with the top of the filter. I remembered that the old one protruded further, and luckily I still had it, So......refitted everything with the OLD filter seal and turned the motor over with no plugs and hurray after a few seconds the light went out. I checked that the pressure dropped before repeating and again got pressure. I've now ran the bike and it's back to normal. i.e. The light goes out instantly when it starts.

The new filter is a UFI as the old one was so the seal fitted fine. Unfortunately I didn't measure the old one before refitting, but the new one measures 5.5mm. The old one was at least 1mm thicker, possibly slightly more.

• Like 1

Good work.

I've heard a few problems with the UFI filters. Docc swears by the Wix filters and I've started using those too.

Hmm, I thought I'd replied to this and another thread. Don't see either. At any rate, I've quit using the UFIs on the big blocks because of what *I think* are gasket problems, not to mention a few cases of leaking at the seams reported by guys with Outsiders.

I've been using the Bosch 3330 for years. MGCycle also sells the HiFlow HF551, which I've heard good things about.

When I removed the sump again to check, there was no oil in the filter (I hadn't filled it prior to fitting) which supports this theory. I did fill it before putting it back together, but no change. Any ideas?

Ok whats happened here is due to the gasket not making contact at all the oil hasnt been able to push open the filter reverse flow rubber diaphram and due to the oil flow being from the outer to inner of the filter it would remain empty.

Ciao