GPR exhaust with PCIII

bzane

Just an update. After 1000 miles, the GPR is louder, I guess from glass fiber packing or blowout, but still not anoyingly load. A good neighbor bike. Tone improved.

Tweaked the pc3 to avoid richness. Rule seems to be to set for lean stumbles then add 1. So Easy! :)

Bike is such a treat to ride now, may consider other stuff like "decent tune" and "guzzitech" but wanted to get rolling with minimal emotion peeling the onion.

A v11 won't be a Japanese appliance, which is just as well, we'd sell it.

For those haven't, tweak those suspension clickers. Better ride and less chassis pitching. Happy camper.

All is good. Is a great bike!!!

Am now mostly swearing at my 2000 Valkyrie. Crazy smog plumbing getting in the way of a cruise control install. Swears, hammering, knuckleblood.

• Like 1

Didn't mention, I don't use a computer with the pc3. Just use the 3 on-module buttons.

1 - I don't want to pull my MSPC out of the closet.

2 - more than 3 knobs is more than I want to learn.

Can take to a dyno tuner,but why? Won't track the v11, and I suspect it will like simple,3-knob seasonal adjustments

my bike was set up by the previous owner, Brad S (aka "the Kid") with a PC.  Runs great.

I suppose if I drilled three tear drops holes into the airbox lid, I might have an incentive to learn Guzzi Diag (like how to plug it in, which bikes have the right computer, where to get the software, how to turn on Windows, how to type, etc.)  But again, if I did more mods, couldn't I just press three buttons on the PC?

oohhh Chuck, I think that Brad said he did some modifications to the airbox.

Sorry, I didn't know what to look for when the tank was off.  All I know it runs well and has no dips or flat spots. 

All I know it runs well and has no dips or flat spots.

Sooooo . . . . if it ain't broke . . . . . :huh2:

hit it with a hammer or two?

All I know it runs well and has no dips or flat spots. 

Sooooo . . .  . if it ain't broke . . . . . :huh2:

Man, I've been through it with this bike for the last month.  I am not looking forward to anymore fritzing.  It's together, running, and just put the plastic back on .... my hobby time and dollars are on the far end of the scale.

SP, it's been hammered and baked and welded and in a million pieces.

I hope  it ain't  broke now.  So no more fixing.

Time for riding.   :D

• Like 1

You sure you don't have those tear drops? I remember the Kid talking about them.. maybe he decided not to do it.

Yep.  I had to raise the tank because the pet cock was leaking (and of course I got the collar and spout reversed for clockwise/counter twist direction so I got gas all over me).  

Anyway, yep,  I have the three tear drops.  I can attest it has a nice torque curve and revs pretty good.  This bike pretty much lived up to all my expectations and more for the riding experience.  

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

If you're running the stock 2002 ECU with a PCIII you might want to try the gh67 map in the fileshare section.  It's much better than stock and it should be better than adding fuel across the board.

Curious if the gh67 is a two map set up?

• 1 month later...

If you're running the stock 2002 ECU with a PCIII you might want to try the gh67 map in the fileshare section.  It's much better than stock and it should be better than adding fuel across the board.

Curious if the gh67 is a two map set up?

I have the pipe on now and was told that 2 map set up works well with this bike....Anyone know if this is one

Just an update. After 1000 miles, the GPR is louder, I guess from glass fiber packing or blowout, but still not anoyingly load. A good neighbor bike. Tone improved.

Tweaked the pc3 to avoid richness. Rule seems to be to set for lean stumbles then add 1. So Easy! :)

Bike is such a treat to ride now, may consider other stuff like "decent tune" and "guzzitech" but wanted to get rolling with minimal emotion peeling the onion.

A v11 won't be a Japanese appliance, which is just as well, we'd sell it.

For those haven't, tweak those suspension clickers. Better ride and less chassis pitching. Happy camper.

All is good. Is a great bike!!!

Am now mostly swearing at my 2000 Valkyrie. Crazy smog plumbing getting in the way of a cruise control install. Swears, hammering, knuckleblood.

Seems you have the same tastes in bikes.. Got a V11 and a 2001 Valkyrie...