Remap

Yam350

I've finally finished servicing my v11 lemans and I'm now considering re-mappping the ecu. The bike runs very well, although feels a touch flat in the midrange. Apart from that the fuelling feels fine, but I wonder if some fine tuning would eliminate the flat spot. I've downloaded guzzidiag and I've got the appropriate cables to connect laptop and bike together, however this is an area in which I have no experience and I'm worried I'll make it worse. I'm not necessarily looking for more performance, but would like the bike to feel stronger in the midrange. Is this achievable by re-mapping or is it more of a "mechanical" characteristic? The bike is standard apart from a set of pro race end cans and has covered around 5500mls.

what he said, find the trim tabs and see what it's set at, there's a pretty wide variety in settings like -138 to +138 or something, I don't really remember much, maybe +20 was good for my V11..

Thanks all. Regarding the mistral crossover, I've read lots of conflicting reports on this, with some saying that it makes the midrange worse. I appreciate it's off topic but I'd welcome any thoughts.

If you connect guzzidiag and find your CO Fuel Trim set at minus 27 to minus 50 or something like that, you'll be spinning your wheels for a long time  unless that gets corrected.

Same with the TPS baseline setting.

Thanks all. Regarding the mistral crossover, I've read lots of conflicting reports on this, with some saying that it makes the midrange worse. I appreciate it's off topic but I'd welcome any thoughts.

Uh, I don't think you can be "off-topic" in your own topic . . . :grin:

Probably the best cross-over thread ever, by Greg field, here:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11564&hl=mistral

I'd say it loses a little top end power but fills in the mid range, it may be other crossovers that have the bad reports (mistral cans does not mean the crossover is also?)or perhaps bikes that need setting up properly after the change ?

• 4 weeks later...

I've finally finished servicing my v11 lemans and I'm now considering re-mappping the ecu. The bike runs very well, although feels a touch flat in the midrange. Apart from that the fuelling feels fine, but I wonder if some fine tuning would eliminate the flat spot. I've downloaded guzzidiag and I've got the appropriate cables to connect laptop and bike together, however this is an area in which I have no experience and I'm worried I'll make it worse. I'm not necessarily looking for more performance, but would like the bike to feel stronger in the midrange. Is this achievable by re-mapping or is it more of a "mechanical" characteristic? The bike is standard apart from a set of pro race end cans and has covered around 5500mls.

See Meinolf's offer here http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19652&do=findComment&comment=214733 He has maps that can do what you want, which are in use by many people on this forum. He has improved my bike a LOT. And Dangerous's. His maps are easy to install, and work flawlessly.

He refused to take any payment from me, but suggested that I donate to the GuzziDiag developer, so I did.

If you connect guzzidiag and find your CO Fuel Trim set at minus 27 to minus 50 or something like that, you'll be spinning your wheels for a long time unless that gets corrected.

As always, Docc is right.

It doesn't make the midrange worse. At least I didn't notice. What I noticed was the increase of everything a cross the board with stock map. However it ran super lean. After the ECU was adjusted I still noticed an increase across the board but maybe less low end. Running lean it snapped the front wheel off the ground with little effort. The Mistral is IMO the overall better one. Performance, looks good and not known to crack. I think the crossover I have on my Scura is a Guzzitech or custom. Both good, both make the bikes behave differently.

I wouldn't hesitate on a Mistral. Even if you can only get one with a Lambda port it can be plugged (thats what I did. In fact I think it came with the plug).

If you connect guzzidiag and find your CO Fuel Trim set at minus 27 to minus 50 or something like that, you'll be spinning your wheels for a long time  unless that gets corrected.

yip easy as on GuzzDiag... I run +22 but am allready remaped richer, so stock ECU +50 no worries.

Now if you want to re map yam350 look into Meinolf's tricks I aint ever looking back.

ps yam350 used to race a 350LC awesome bikes but worth so much these days.

• Like 1

As suggested I've completed the "decent tune up" (many thanks docc for the concise instructions). My tps was at 127 so reset to 150 and the afr was -18 so reset to 0.

As both values were out I was hoping for great things on the test ride, however............it is slightly better although to be honest I can hardly tell any difference. The bike was running very well prior to the tune up so maybe my expectations were too high. It still runs very well, however there is still a lack of urge in the midrange which hasn't changed. The fuelling is smooth throughout, however it doesn't really take off until it's getting near 5000rpm at which point it goes really well. My old mk5 lemans certainly felt stronger in the midrange, although didnt have the top end.

I've given the bike a complete service so everything else is in good order. The mileage is quite low at 5900 so I'm assuming that even a guzzi will be run in by now!

The bike is standard apart from pro- race end cans. Is it worth re-mapping at this stage or should I change the crossover and look at the airbox first?

Dangerous, yes the 350lcs have gone up in value.......just glad I bought mine a few years back when they were still reasonably priced.