I really need this exhaust

pitts12driver

This is one of those things that just lacks style and elegance for me, especially elegance. It's a logical place to fit a silencer but they have just made a styless box out of it.

Add to that the pillion peg hangers now just hang out there like they are lost and looking for a home, no not for me. 

John Britten used the same design on the final version of his race bike and it was elegant, but then again most of his stuff was.

Ciao 

• Like 1

...and in my unbiased flush.gif opinion, I think it complements the bike beautifully and makes a heavenly sound. And as far as pillion peg hangers, I don't need them. nope.gif

IMG_9437_zpshdwz38ru.jpg

Yes, it was made by Quat-D, but it's no longer available.

Again, just my 2c.gif

Not that bad

IMG_9440_zpsdumcohxv.jpg

Damn, I sound like I'm a Quat-D salesman...emoticon-0127-lipssealed.gif

This exhaust was on the bike when I got it. Since I also have the original and the Titanium set-up I actually removed this one and reinstalled the Titanium set. After a week I re-installed the Q-D. It sounds better and looks the part. Again, JMHO.

• Like 1

Anybody know an exhaust builder who will fabricate one?

Maybe if there was enough interest, DD's exhaust maker could make some more of the shark gill style.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/uploads/post-2086-0-43965900-1473575938.jpg

See his post here:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19581&page=2&do=findComment&comment=213267

• 3 weeks later...

they are loud

IMG_0331-M.jpg

That's @#$$#! Cooter's bike, at a First Thursday I must have missed. He had it dyno'd with a Power Commander, and eventually got some decent HP produced.

• 5 months later...

Never cared for the fugly Quat-D exhaust. Rolling your own shouldn't be too hard, if you've got someone who can cut & weld stainless sheet.

The Ex-Box costs a lot of high end power. The headers are conical and rather light. Overall manufacturing is rather poor. The sound is different, in an old thread Belfast said, the sound reminds him of a typical WW1 plane, quite the opposite of the oncoming thunder storm.

I have one since 10 years, recently switched back to the round and open Ti Mistrals I bought in 2005, because something inside the Ex-Box broke loose and awaits fixing now. The Mistral types are a lot manlier, rather the correct thing for a decent Gran Tourismo. While the Ex-Box goes right to the ears, the unmuffled Mistrals rather go to the neighbours' window panes and glass cabinets.

That said, I hope I'll have the Quat-D ready 'till next year, just in time for the next season. I'm deeply hooked.

11892313_1671585309730137_29248799326761

• Like 2

Another one:

gallery_1_4039.jpg

This one was made somewhere in Russia (if not it was a good story at least), picture taken in 2005 I think.

Rear tyre was a 190, on a broader rim.

This Scura was loud, aggressive, fast, beautiful ...

I had my Greeny for less then a year these days and was really beginning to suffer from its OEM exhausts and its greenish fairing when I met this guy in the NL at one of Jaap's meetings. It somewhat changed my bike's life :)