Fairing Options

swooshdave

gallery_4064_178_198226.jpg

Yeah, I know, I don't even have the bike in my dirty little paws but I have to ask, where do you get a fairing like that? Were they optional for the bikes originally?

Are they hard to find? I assume any fairing from the pre-2002 bikes will work?

Thanks!

(PS, I searched for "fairing" and didn't find anything specific to this style fairing.)

yep it looks like a Guzzi flyscreen.  Mine is CF and that one is painted ABS.  I've seen them on the Tontis as well, so it must be a universal fit on the Guzzi headlight bucket.  Actually, pretty effective for blocking wind off the body and doesn't buffet.  I rode my Greenie to Spine-frame rally from OKC and back.   

There is an aftermarket flyscreen that is almost identical to the Guzzi one but the bottom of the windshield has a different shape and the windshield isn't interchangeable with the factory flyscreen. 

So can you find the Scura style fairings? Are they available new or do I just need to find a used one?

I'd say they are pretty hard to find.  But again, it's a standard headlight bucket and lots of aftermarkets ones available.  Now painting it green...well, I dunno bout that.

The airhead BMW S-fairings look pretty good on the V11s. So do the Laverda fairings - but each of those takes a bit of fabrication. Try including flyscreen in your searches.

Original Moto Guzzi accessory fly screen/ bikini fairings for the original V11 Sport (1999-2001) were color matched fiberglass (silver, black, V11 Green) , built by Stucchi Luigi of Mandello del Lario. That is not the one pictured in post#1.

Later V11 Sport fairings (Rosso Mandello, Scura etc?) were of Givi design (as I recall), somewhat larger, and differently shaped than the early 'glass Stucchi.

I bought a CF Scura fairing from Harpers several years ago. Turns out it was the same as the Ballabio fairing. The priced item you found is half what I paid.

The bracket for a ballabio is more extensive. Compare the images of the Ballabio & the greenie you posted. The fairing is attached to the frame on the Ballabio.

If you call & talk to Curtis Harper he can find the right bracket for you.