Fairing Options

swooshdave

Harper's shows the Billy Bob/Coppa fairing. Can that be made to work? I've never really considered it..

Check out the pics of the Scura and Ballabio in Post#18, above. Aren't those identical fairings, just mounted differently?

Has anyone put a LM1 fairing on a V11? It must have been done by now?

To my eye, the LM I faring is a bit *blocky* for the V11's voluptuous styling. I don't recall anyone fitting one, but it surely could be done with some simple bracket fabrication.  Google "V11 Sport" and look over the page of images. Lots of options on fairings, *bikinis* and otherwise . . . ;)

The fairing for the Scura, Ballabio & Coppa Italia are the same, just mounted differently.

Harpers has it. Mine is mounted to the headlight with 2 thin struts coming off the triple headyoke. And is like the Scura the most attractive of the mounting positions. After posing next to a Ballabio last year I can confirm this.

Talk to Curtis Harper or MGCycle or Moto International, they'll find the right parts to make it work.

This is one of the easy things to do with your V11, wait till you try & follow these guys through a gearbox rebuild ! That's the time to overthink details :)

• Like 1

I thought there was a good photo of those two red V11 side-by-side at The Spine Raid, but found this interesting juxtaposition (avert your eyes from the Hotdog&Mustard lest ye suffer the obvious consequences :whistle: ):

gallery_10329_227_1993903.jpg

• Like 2

I had always thought, that the windshield is identical on V11 models, but according the original Piaggio spare part books the spare part numbers look like this:

1999-2001:

GU01575 340 Windshield (apparently this was optional, the first grey on the picture above?)

2001-2002:

GU01977 240 Windshield assy, Sport Nacked [sN]

GU01977 275 Windshield assy.black, Scura

2003-2005

GU01575 380 Windshield assy.chr.yellow, Cafè Sport [C.S.]

GU01575 382 Windshield assy.red, Ballabio Red 2003 [b.R.]

GU01575 383 Windshield, cpl, Ballabio Grey 2003 [b.G.]

GU01575 384 Windshiled, black/red, Scura R [s.R.]

GU01575 388 Windshield assy, red/silver, Italian Cup [C.I.]

I thought that this would have been the same also, but apparently not:

GU03575 365 Windshield, cpl, California Alum./Tit. 1100 2003-2004

I would have thought the 01575 were all the same and the last three numbers are the color, but the optional (accessory) 1999-2001 Stucchi is definitely a different piece.

I got this one from Omars Dirt Track racing:

mg_at_empire.jpg

• Like 1

So it looks like Harpers and Moto International can't supply the Scura style fairing.

But there are a couple places that could make the fairings.

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/vintage/vintagefairingsquarter.htm

3DUC91S3~2.jpg

http://www.caferacingparts.com

BMWQFA%20a(1).jpg

How many people would be interested?

here are some universals  

https://www.dartflyscreens.com/collections/bikes?gclid=Cj0KEQjwzpfHBRC1iIaL78Ol-eIBEiQAdZPVKu9gDbp3MyIkuHRVueHSYQG-t0lyjh1FovRDJXjxWzIaAmD18P8HAQ

I believe that painted one in the neat garage is a Givi A770.  They made lots of them for Griso and other naked bikes.  I don't see them on the website now.  

Tat one isn't the Guzzi one.  It's one like Docc's, Givi perhaps.  

If Unkept sez so, I'd be awfully careful saying it's not so..  :oldgit:  :grin: He's pretty good at searchin.

982t-f0925e42b15d5681f91e627946ce3f14.jp

Tat one isn't the Guzzi one.  It's one like Docc's, Givi perhaps.  

Yeah, that is is the early (pre-Givi) Stucchi design. More *trim* and tighter fitting than the later Givi-type versions.

All the original 1999-2001 Moto Guzzi accessory (Stucchi Luigi) V11 fairings were fiberglass and color matched (silver, black, V11-green).

here are some universals  

https://www.dartflyscreens.com/collections/bikes?gclid=Cj0KEQjwzpfHBRC1iIaL78Ol-eIBEiQAdZPVKu9gDbp3MyIkuHRVueHSYQG-t0lyjh1FovRDJXjxWzIaAmD18P8HAQ

I believe that painted one in the neat garage is a Givi A770.  They made lots of them for Griso and other naked bikes.  I don't see them on the website now.  

Moto International has said that Givi has dropped them.