I fell down

swooshdave

I was downtown Portland going to a volunteer event for special needs kids. I was trying to find parking when someone backed up in front of me. I grabbed too much brake and went down at walking speed. I'm at urgent care now. Collerbone hurts.

Bike is going to need some help too.

e05cd6ebebdfc9a484aee83fef837053.jpg2c082ba88606bce740ac449db69667bd.jpg

Turn signals. Foot peg didn't fold, it bent. Now I know why they have those engine guards!

More pics later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bummer. Good idea to yourself checked if you're hurting. That's a pisser that the scratch goes through the V11 decal on the tail.  :angry2:

This could provide a good excuse to splurge on some aftermarket levers (I like the Pazzos) and bar-end mirrors (I like the Napoleons).

Ouch. Hope you're not too banged up. 

The period of time getting used to a new bike is always dangerous, especially on a ride that has strong binders like the V11.

I had a similar incident with my then new-to-me V11. I was too embarrassed to post here at the time. :homer:  Left turner didn't see me and stopped directly in my path. I overcooked the brakes and the bike fell down right as I was just about stopped. Bike gained a few small scratches but no major damage.

Hope you and the bike get fixed up soon.

X-rays clear. Just going to be sore for a little while.

Not use to those brakes. Even the ones on the Triumph wouldn't do this.

The lever was banged up from a previous wreck. Same with engine guard. Bar end weight has a good scratch.

Not going to replace everything until I think I won't end up on the ground again.  :homer:

f066c1287a387cc3cafa6ef4fd60653e.jpg

e8aa05c34c9b47adcb31c5ad618ba68f.jpg

I'm surprised the footpeg didn't fold up. Bend it back or get another one?

Sorry to hear this. Hope your alright. Dave, I might have some spare signal lights I can send your way.

When I got my Greenie the PO gave me a bunch of spare parts. I'm out of town right now so I can check when I get back on Sunday.

Sorry to hear this. Hope your alright. Dave, I might have some spare signal lights I can send your way.

When I got my Greenie the PO gave me a bunch of spare parts. I'm out of town right now so I can check when I get back on Sunday.

That would be awesome! Let me know!

I'm just lucky I didn't have the new fairing on. That would have crushed me. It should be sitting at home when I get there.

Ducati monster 750 foot pegs work. Sorry about the off.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Left-Right-Front-Footrest-Foot-Pegs-For-DUCATI-Monster-696-796-2009-2014-10-11-/221714910393?fits=Make%3ADucati%7CModel%3AMonster+796&hash=item339f3d0cb9%3Ag%3Ay14AAOxyf1dTH%7E1V

s-l500.jpg

They look very similar but don't have the dragging nut at the bottom. Not that I ever what to be dragging pegs!

But for that price I"m not going to complain!

Sorry to hear it, Dave. Hope the shoulder is OK. Everything else is just paint and metal. Don't feel bad. At least you didn't do what I did a few years ago right in front of all the bikers in Point Reyes Station. Took off from the curb, hung a left and fell down. Even worse, there was a cyclist sitting there in the street and he reached out and caught me before I was all the way down! Humility is a great teacher. :blush:

I've got a set of Wild Hair Accessories 1" lower pegs which I took off my bike to put the MotraTech stuff on. They're also adjustable fore and aft and fit in the stock brackets. Yours if you want them. Let me know.

John

John, the worse thing I've done is show up a bike night so tired I forgot to put the side stand down. You can guess what happened next.

I'm just glad I've never had a high speed get off. Yet.

Thank you for the offer. I'm going to try to find a matching peg or the Monster ones.

I wouldn't be surprised if some day I'll ask you about the lowering pegs.