Mid West Spine Raid dreaming

nobleswood

After getting to the SSR last Fall, I have daydreamed about putting together something similar centered around Marietta in Ohio.

Have a look at the website

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/Routes/Ohio_111.html

And you'll see why Marietta.

Had the chance to ride Rt 26 following a 1400 California couple of years ago when I was at the Guzzi Ohio Rally over Labor Day w/e. It blew my mind !

It was only topped when I got to the SSR recently.

Anyway, just dreaming outloud.

• Like 1

What a great area that would be for a Spine Raid! Upstream, there is a ferry that crosses the Ohio River into Sistersville, WVa.  Ferry crossings, standing next to a group of bikes, are a special thing! I've been lucky to do about a half dozen ferry crossings on the rivers of the east-central US and just love the experience.

Dreaming of a date? or a specific location?

The Date would have to work around some of the other rallies going on I suppose.

I was thinking of doing some scouting for a campground, around Marietta, or something like the Lodge with it's garage. That could be my summer project.

Sisterville you say. I'll have to look into that.

I could split the difference with you all have a Spine Frame raid in the Arkansas Ozarks.  Perhaps the best motorcycle roads in total anywhere, considering the number of great roads, scenery and traffic.