Brake light issue

Cdogger

When I lost instrument lights, the brake light went with it. When I changed the bulb in the tach, somehow the socket worked itself loose in the next several miles, giving me the dreaded bouncing tach that necessitated dismantling the tach and repairing and securing the socket.

So in typical Italian fashion, fixing the tach light fixed the brake light.

• 3 months later...

Cdogger said...

"UPDATE

OK so I just replaced the front brake switch and figured out that the switch actuator (little black plastic cylinder) had gotten smooshed (probably from an impact on that lever from my aunt running into the garage before I got the bike) and wasn't hitting the switch. Both switches work now. Here's the important part."

So, I just replaced my fr brake micro switch and it stuck "on". I cleaned everything and still "brake lite on". I recalled what lowryter said re "loosen and move switch" which I did. Now it works fine. Move it as far to the right as you can. Also... Cdogger mentions a "little black plastic cylinder" which also came with my new Brembo micro switch. I can't find a place for it. Maybe for a different bike? Anyone know where it goes?  About 3/16"X3/16" cyl

I thought that "little black plastic cylinder" was a replacement for the micro switch striker ball bearing (that likes to fall out)?

(I went through all that crap yesterday working on my EV.)