Cheapest Mods in the world

swooshdave

If I had a second V11 Sport (why would I do that? Scud, help me out here, buddy!), I might would go after the green frame/ black body. Maybe even take a shot at the stripe set.

Haven't seen that done . Yet . . .

If I had a second V11 Sport (why would I do that? Scud, help me out here, buddy!)

Because when you go on a "fun" ride you take the one with the freshest tires. When you zip around for errands or take a long, straight trip, you take the one with older tires.  Or when you're working on one, you can take your time and ride the other. 

• Like 2

Ok, so, swooshdave, this came up in the Zinc Chromate thread: a black V11 sport with the green frame of the 1000S . . .

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19689&p=214814

Take some pics of your bike and do this thing, man!

*V11/S*

moto_guzzi_1000_s_1991_2_lgw.jpg

35201063345_b9d5ff6751_b.jpg2000-Moto-Guzzi-V11-SPORT-Motorcycles-For-Sale-2975 by swooshdave, on Flickr

• Like 2

I don't know if the V11 tank will work with graphics, it's quite, ahem, bulky. You'd almost want to fade the stripes before it get to the bottom.

Regardless it would make an interested option.

• 2 months later...

When I said something about a RedBellySport, a good buddy :huh: said something about Woody-the-Farking-Woodpecker . . . How about a flame red fairing?

IMG_2840.JPG

• 3 years later...
On 5/8/2017 at 7:03 PM, docc said:

AFAIK, there is no designation in the VIN or tag on the V11 that declares the original color.

Now, getting the V11Green correct is another matter. Word is, the code is cracked, though . . .

Pretty cool seeing my Sport parked on the Cherohala in V11Green! Thanks for the cheap thrill, swooshdave!

Docc, you note the green paint color match here.... I’m still poking around searching the forum, but is there knowledge on a good paint code option to match the green?  Trying to figure out how hard it will be to repaint just the tank on a greenie.

• Like 2

Generally, it is known as "Legnano Green."  It has been used on things other than Moto Guzzi (ie:bicycles). Even the different Guzzi do not look exactly the same (V7 Telaio Rosso vs V11 Sport).

We have had a couple members post formulae to achieve the V11 color. Let me see if I can shake down any links . . .

edit: here's one at guzzitech from a web search referring to a Nissan paint:

https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/cracked-v7-café-classic-paint-code.6524/

This from Bikecolours in UK. He states it is available in aerosol:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-STAGE-MOTO-GUZZI-TOUCH-UP-PAINT-KIT-V11-SPORT-INJECTION-1997-2003-LIME-GREEN/261274617752?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

• Like 1