Ozark Spine Frame Rally?

LowRyter

All this history of Spine Frame sport rides and none in the Ozarks?  Certainly a missed opportunity.   Fellow lister Leroy and myself were kicking this around last weekend at Dusty's Knot a Guzzi Rally in Kansas.  

I did a little checking on The Hub  website (Jasper Ark) and noticed that some weekends in Sept and Oct had some openings for a potential Rally. Unfortunately the weekend before and on Columbus Day are taken with the Texas and Okla Guzzi rallies, respectively.  And if we get no traction this Fall there is always next Spring. 

The Ozarks IMO are the best riding roads anywhere given, technical challenge, scenery, number of roads, quaint diners and traffic. The Hub is a well worn motel that caters to riders in the middle of the Ozarks.  Not a resort by any definition.  There are also many other towns in the area with names like Flipin, Yellville, Mountain View, Jasper, Eureka Springs, Bull Shoals that could also be great base camps for a rally.  

So let's get a little feedback and see if there's any interest west of the Mississippi. 

http://www.hubinfo.com/

• Like 1

Only 1,700 miles for me. For comparison... Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and Vancouver Canada are both hundreds of miles closer to San Diego.

So thats another "maybe."

I guess I should start thinking about some sort of San Diego county beach/mountain/desert spine raid.

John...I'd be in for a Spine raid, just ran thru parts of Southern Missouri, Western Arkansas yesterday on the way back from Cedar Vale and there are a lot of great roads!

I have a few "preventative maintenance" suggestions Chuck kindly gave me for my Scura To Do LIst while chatting at CV, so if I get them done and family/work schedule permits, I'd take a run up!  

October would work better for sure as we'll be in Colorado for 2 weeks in September...

Sorry I missed you for the Skype NAR conference call, I walked around to all the groups in the Hewins barn with my laptop and we were able to greet the Cottonwood contingency and see the whole crew ( at least those assembled by JJ on Friday night)...we didn't do a Sat night connection however.

Cheers!

Paul

OK now the "maybes" are up to what, 6?  17?  We're really getting there.

Chuck,as many times as I've ridden in the Ozarks and stayed at motels and campsites in Harrison, Eureka Springs, Mountain Home,  Yellville, Fayetteville, Bull Shoals, Springfield MO and The Hub, I've never been to The Seville.  I think it's time.

We won't have to fight for space against rallies and will be more able to pick a convenient weekend there.  I'll tell you guys that like Deal's Gap and the Skyway might be a little surprised at the quality and number of roads here.  Yeah Docc, I am talking to you.

BTW, this isn't just for the Red Frame Society, it means all Spine Frames, Guzzis, (Harleys, MoPeds, etc).  there are a few hidden diners in some far off places (like Jasper, Oark & Low Gap) and at least one decent Mexican joint in Mountain View.

• Like 1

I'm listening  . . .

I love this plan; could be the first *Spine Raid* outside of the "South'n" Spine Raid held on the TN/NC (USA) border since 2004.