Vibration at 4000 to 4500 rpm.

68C

Took the Rosso Corsa out for the first time in a year, I could feel a distinct vibration between 4000 and 4500 rpm, I don't remember that from the past but it is possible it was always there. It comes in quickly as I accelerate into that region felt mainly through the footrests/rear brake master cylinder guard. It also returns as I decelerate into that zone with a closed throttle.

Is this vibration normal?

Mine certainly does that. Doesn't mean it should although most reviews of the bike when it was released mentioned the vibration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SwooshDave, thanks for putting my mind at rest. While I was riding half of me was thinking just avoid that rpm, the other half was imagining a noisy explosion of metal.

SwooshDave, thanks for putting my mind at rest. While I was riding half of me was thinking just avoid that rpm, the other half was imagining a noisy explosion of metal.

Let's be clear that because mine does it doesn't mean it's right!

Hi Chuck, about 500miles ago, 18 months.

I think it is probably a dynamic unbalance as altering throttle seems to make little difference. I tried tying the sidestand up with an elastic bungee, no difference.

I had been on a funeral run, about fifty miles cruising around 3000rpm, on the return trip on my own I noticed this band of vibration. After SwooshDave saying his vibrates as well I'm beginning to think it is just normal and that I had got used to the lower vibes when on the run. As I am feeling it through the footpegs I expect it is a secondary lateral vibe. I am probably comparing it with my old T3 and Triumph 900.

I will just learn to ride around it.

Beating a Dead horse here....

My bike had a vibration from 3500 through 4500. After the Spine Raid when those helpful lads re-set the TPS, set the CO to 0 & balanced the TB's. The valves I had worked on. The vibration was a mere shadow of the beast it was before.

• Like 1

I don't think it's driveline as it always at the same revs regardless of speed.

Mine's just enough to be annoying so I may go in and rebalance the TBs. They were pretty close but I'll try harder.

• 3 weeks later...

Beating a Dead horse here....

My bike had a vibration from 3500 through 4500. After the Spine Raid when those helpful lads re-set the TPS, set the CO to 0 & balanced the TB's. The valves I had worked on. The vibration was a mere shadow of the beast it was before.

First I've seen on this being combustion related.  Always attributed it to being some harmonic frequency due to the nature of the 90deg twin and internals.  My bike has shook since day one.  Keep engine speed at 5K, and it magically disappears.  I have clipons with the Lemans, wonder if the bikes with bars have the same issue.

Adding Throttlemeister bar-ends did help dampen the vibes, and you get the bonus of cruise control.

I actually like the fat bar-ends to rest my hands upon.

I may have to look into the motion pro Throttle balancing tool to see if that helps.