H4 LED + other LED lighting

docc

I don't know about the depth on the LM bucket. Once in hand, it seemed to me the backside length of an H4 with the connector attached is about the same as the heat sink/fan housing of this LED unit. The LED backside is bigger around.

[edit: the H4 mounting plate to the wiring on the back of the connector (with the wiring folded flat) is 42mm; the published measurement for this dimension on this LED unit is 35 mm.]

The color will probably be fine. I'll get used to it. A warmer color was part of my design statement.

I did feel of the bucket after riding twenty or thirty miles, and not hot anywhere.

Headed out here, momentarily, to hunt down a sunset. . .

• Like 1

The lo-beam is the most surprising improvement: very broad, clean, fully filled beam with impressive cut-off.

Also, the reflection of signs and road markings (like center line reflectors). Even with the lo-beam, whatever-this-color-is picks up reflective markers way out there without them them being distractingly bright.

While the hi-beam pattern isn't perfect, it's a vast improvement over the H4 and reminds me of auxiliary lights I've added to Jeeps. :thumbsup:

So, (especially combined with the ( )

• Like 1

I don't know about the depth on the LM bucket. Once in hand, it seemed to me the backside length of an H4 with the connector attached is about the same as the heat sink/fan housing of this LED unit. The LED backside is bigger around.

[edit: the H4 mounting plate to the wiring on the back of the connector (with the wiring folded flat) is 42mm; the published measurement for this dimension on this LED unit is 35 mm.]

The color will probably be fine. I'll get used to it. A warmer color was part of my design statement.

I did feel of the bucket after riding twenty or thirty miles, and not hot anywhere.

So you want one of us to get the 3000K version and see how yellow it is?

• Like 1

So you want one of us to get the 3000K version and see how yellow it is?

The box mine came in doesn't list the 4300K, and none of the product options were ticked (3000K/yellow; 5000K/Warm White; 6000K Cold White; 8000K/ Cold Blue; 10000/ Blue).

So, I don't know what this one actually is, but it is not as "warm" as I expected. It concerned me that it would come in too "yellow", so I'm good with it for now. I'll let you know what happens when I encounter fog or rain.

This business of "color" of LED headlamp units remains unanswered.

I looked at one ad and every other word was misspelled. Consider yourself lucky you got a functioning unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked at one ad and every other word was misspelled. Consider yourself lucky you got a functioning unit.

Seriously, that concerned me. But I figured "$28US", whatever. Hey, it may not be 4300K, but more likely 5000 to my un-calibrated eye.

Yet, it works so great and your comment about >being seen

And "consider myself lucky!" :thumbsup:

If I was to buy another, it would be brighter than 3000 lumen. Not enough to melt the road seal, but enough to stun possums.

:

You would have to be a kiwi to appreciate that LOL

Sent from my shoe phone!

• Like 3

I spent quite a bit of time just trying to learn to say "My hovercraft is full of eels" in Chinese. Writing it? There might have been a misspelling or two.  :2c: Doesn't mean I couldn't make something.. :oldgit:  :)

• Like 1

I put one in my 2002 LM last night.  I had to cut away some of the bucket to clear the fan.   I also opened it enough to get a little more access to fresh air.  If it runs a little hotter it will reduce the lifetime but it is a good trade off.  By the way life time is defined by the output dropping %50 so it will not go dark by surprise.  attached are some photos

bucket.jpg

• Like 1

I put one in my 2002 LM last night.  I had to cut away some of the bucket to clear the fan.   I also opened it enough to get a little more access to fresh air.  If it runs a little hotter it will reduce the lifetime but it is a good trade off.  By the way life time is defined by the output dropping %50 so it will not go dark by surprise.  attached are some photos

another photo

fan.jpg

• Like 1