Tinus89

V11 Sport 2001 intermittent stalling

Better , as in NO problems ? How long could you ride before it started acting up again ?

After letting it cool down, I started it up in the garage and seemed to run normal. I didn't take it back out for a ride however. That's a good idea, will do that next time, thanks.

A Lil update, switched # 2 & 3 relays and seemed to run better. Cleaned paint off tranny case ground and definitely cranks better. Installed Omron relays and seems to run better yet. Still has a little bit of stuttering when cruising at speeds less than 40 mph or so, but certainly better than last couple of weeks. Will update after I do a decent tune-up to include new NGK spark plugs wires w/5k ohm caps and K&N air filter.  Are the stock wires solid copper core? As the new ones that I have are. Thanks gents.

• Like 1

Any plug wire with screw in resistor caps will have solid core wire . If you want to prove it , remove the cap and look into the center of the plug wire . You are going to see copper strands. 

Also , there is no need to run a resistor cap on non-solid filament wires . 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, gstallons said:

Any plug wire with screw in resistor caps will have solid core wire . If you want to prove it , remove the cap and look into the center of the plug wire . You are going to see copper strands. 

Also , there is no need to run a resistor cap on non-solid filament wires . 

That makes sense and now feel like I should have known, lol. Thanks

Hey , knowing is better than thinking .  

To the best of my knowledge , all this was the result of RFI from solid core wires . They tore UP AM radio and manufacturers started using resistor caps , spark plugs and plug wires .

2 hours ago, gstallons said:

Hey , knowing is better than thinking .  

To the best of my knowledge , all this was the result of RFI from solid core wires . They tore UP AM radio and manufacturers started using resistor caps , spark plugs and plug wires .

So, we Guzzisti are religiously bound to a practice, no longer necessary, that dates to the value of AM radio? :blink:

Why am I not surprised? :grin:

• Like 1

Received my 10-pack of new Omron relays from Online Components (thanks Docc), and installed the 5, all good.

That leaves 5 for anyone who needs them. $20 shipped within the continental US. 

IMG_20200729_193509_compress45.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1