Porkchops & Stilettos

docc

While there may not be an origin to attribute the common nomenclature "porkchop" :bbblll: to the V11 frame side plate which is the (beautiful) cast version of the original side plates of the Daytona and early Sport 1100, I propose that the moniker is disparaging and fails to reflect the elegance of this Marabese design which debuted on the 1100Sport-i and the provocative Centauro.

gallery_328_223_110686.png

Inspired by some early photography of the V11Green Sport, I suggest the common name *stiletto* , for obvious reasons.

And to set straight, once and for all, the beauty and elegance of the piece:

gallery_328_223_71000.png

If the originator of the *porkchop* :bbblll: moniker might step forward, I further propose bludgeoning with steamed asparagus and boiled potatoes, as that is the sort of thing that goes with porkchops.  :bbblll:

Stilettos!

• Like 1

Exhibit B: *stilettos* come hot, as delivered.

porkchops :bbblll: have to be grilled with added BBQ sauce. :whistle:

When we went to the international BBQ festival down south, I learned that BBQ sauce isn't what you put on them. It's dip. Two syllables, as in "Dee ip." :)

Sorry, around here we smoke pork chops but we don't put BBQ sauce on them (at least not in a restaurant that knows how to cook pork chops.

BBQ sauce goes well on BBQ (sparingly, it ain't sloppy joes).

I do love me some smoked pork chops. As LowRyter said, a couple hours in the smoker and finished on the grill.

By the way, I just spent a few days last week down in Tennesee. We flew into Nashville, had lunch at Edley's ( the pulled pork was delicious, the banana pudding was amazing), then went up to Clarksville (where food was also good).

We found a gas station seemingly no where with a BBQ restaurant in the back that was delicious. Excell BBQ.

• Like 1

Sorry, around here we smoke pork chops but we don't put BBQ sauce on them (at least not in a restaurant that knows how to cook pork chops.

BBQ sauce goes well on BBQ (sparingly, it ain't sloppy joes).

I do love me some smoked pork chops. As LowRyter said, a couple hours in the smoker and finished on the grill.

I am a dry rub kinda Q'er.  And maybe a little sauce for the finish on the grill.

And speak of the devil, chops are in the smoker as I write this.   :food:

• Like 1

That's an innovative way to Powder Coat the Pork Chops!

Nothing like good BBQ at Black's in Lockhart, Texas...come on over Chuck/John...we'll get you properly attended to with some seriously good BBQ...you can add Dee Ip if you like...or not!  

:)

Very pretty, but what are we gonna eat?

02+LeMans+Parts+Bike%2FPorkChops.jpg

Nothing like good BBQ at Black's in Lockhart, Texas..

My big disappointment at this years MotoGP - I didn't get a chance to ride down to Lockhart for Black's.   :food:

On 5/16/2017 at 8:05 PM, docc said:

gallery_328_223_71000.png

Stilettos!

Well, lots of foodies here.

But the question on my mind is:  "pretty mama, what you gonna do in those shoes?"

• Like 2

Nothing like good BBQ at Black's in Lockhart, Texas..

My big disappointment at this years MotoGP - I didn't get a chance to ride down to Lockhart for Black's.   :food:

or Kreuz

but Texas is a place for BEEF BBQ.  They have spare ribs there but it's mostly beef.  All of it has the same spice and exquisite smoking.  But it's a beef spice.  Therefore, the spare ribs have more of bacon flavor than BBQ.  

when I BBQ I have different rubs for Beef, Chicken and two for Pork (BBQ and New Mexican Verde).  

(If you have a smoker I'll give you a hint: Chuck Roast + Montreal Seasoning + 195 degrees meat probe and done.)