RAM low inertia clutch

Zorro

Hi guys, I was wondering if this one https://moto-renzo.biz/en/Tecnical-Goods/Clutches-and-Spare-Parts/Clutches-Moto-Guzzi/Clutches-Moto-Guzzi-Spare-Parts/RAM-Clutch.html

would be compatible with a 6 speed or is another 5 speed clutch...cannot find the specs anywhere

I think earlier in this thread they said the 6 speed clutch was no longer available.

We had super-detailed discussion about this elsewhere. I think the summary was that the 5-speed and 6-speed clutches are identical, except for the transmission input hub, which is unique to the 6-speed and is no longer available. However, since you have a Tenni, you already have the correct Ram 6-speed input hub and can use the 5-speed clutch. You will get a hub that you don't need with the kit. 

Or you could put a twin plate clutch in. In which case you would need to swap the transmission input hub for twin-plate, six speed part. I'll be yanking a complete twin-plate clutch out of a parts bike in the next few days if you want to go that route.

If I were in your position, I'd try the 5-speed Ram clutch with the steel flywheel. 

• Like 1

The centre 'button' of the 5 speed has to be replaced with the one already fitted to your Guzzi 6 speed too. This means you have to dismantle the ready assembled RAM unit. The 5 speed pushrod has a smaller diameter.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We had super-detailed discussion about this elsewhere. I think the summary was that the 5-speed and 6-speed clutches are identical, except for the transmission input hub, which is unique to the 6-speed and is no longer available. However, since you have a Tenni, you already have the correct Ram 6-speed input hub and can use the 5-speed clutch. You will get a hub that you don't need with the kit. 

Or you could put a twin plate clutch in. In which case you would need to swap the transmission input hub for twin-plate, six speed part. I'll be yanking a complete twin-plate clutch out of a parts bike in the next few days if you want to go that route.

If I were in your position, I'd try the 5-speed Ram clutch with the steel flywheel. 

Here is a post in one of those threads ("Sticking Clutch") that has a link to craigsinclair's comments, among several other links.

The discussion about the RAM clutch in that thread runs from page 2/ Post#25 to page 4/ Post# 54.

This will be a good thread to bring together those, like Paradiso, who have done this fitment successfully. :thumbsup:

The centre 'button' of the 5 speed has to be replaced with the one already fitted to your Guzzi 6 speed too. This means you have to dismantle the ready assembled RAM unit. The 5 speed pushrod has a smaller diameter.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Sbuonline.....

seems there are simultaneous threads for your clutch query. The "button" mentioned here is the same part I referred to as a "cup" in the other thread. So as not to confuse further.

• Like 1

Hi guys, I was wondering if this one https://moto-renzo.biz/en/Tecnical-Goods/Clutches-and-Spare-Parts/Clutches-Moto-Guzzi/Clutches-Moto-Guzzi-Spare-Parts/RAM-Clutch.html

would be compatible with a 6 speed or is another 5 speed clutch...cannot find the specs anywhere

I think earlier in this thread they said the 6 speed clutch was no longer available.

You can still get them apparently.

https://hmb-guzzi.de/Clutch-Internals_1

Ciao