Airbox sensor?

Cabernet

So. I am scrapping the airbox, in favour of K&N. What do I do with the sensor.

I extended mine up near the headstock where it stays cool, I left it there when I ditched the pods and put the airbox back.

I cut it apart and soldered the sensor to a pair of wires from a wall wort.

You could also use a new sensor from Digikey, send me your postal address in a PM and I'll send you one.

Or just put a fixed resistor close to the temperature you ride at.

This is the oil sensor but the resistance v/s temperature is the same. 3,000 Ohms for 25 degrees C

Temperature%20Sensor_zpsjx6nsyiu.jpg

Does anyone know why the oil temp sensor screws into the cylinder head and not the oil sump?

I bought a pack of 10 NTC thermistors, and only used one. I can mail you one if you can hook it up youself. Just PM me with a mailing address. 3 cents plus postage adds up to "you owe me a beer".

Air Intake Sensor.jpg

The attachment says 3,000 kOhms. Depending on how you interpret the comma, it could mean 3000 kOhms = 3MOhms, or 3 point 000 kOhms. As Kiwi_Roy said, 3kOhms NTC measured at 25 degrees C is correct. 

PS, I still have have an airbox on my bike. I think that there was a good reason for MG to go to all that trouble, when pod filters would be cheaper and simpler to fit.

• Like 1

Thanks all. I get the gist. Appreciate the responses.

I do understand the desire to get rid of the airbox, the open airy look is sexy. But it is a trade off, the airbox actually helps the bike run better and make more power. You can get rid of the airbox, but it will take some work to get the bike close to back to where it was as far as running well. It is unlikely it will ever run better than it did with the airbox (in reality, if it did run better without the airbox it would be because the bike was not running 100% right with the airbox). There are some who have removed their airboxes and got the bikes to run pretty good without. But it is a trade off.

• Like 1

I reckon what makes the stock air-box run so good is the intake rubbers between the throttle body and air-box

These are like Velocity stacks. I used these to extend my pods and it removed the flat spot.