battery > charger < mis-step

docc

You will probably have to bump the fuses up to 15 or 20a to keep from replacing them ( I know ) often .

For the 6 amp EnerSys charger?

(I could see that for my 10 amp *car* charger, but it has its own clamps built in.)

I did it just because I would do dumb things and blow the fuse.

Ah! That's what fuses are for!

To protect us from our-own-selves . . . :unsure:

Why would you use battery clips on a bike, too easy to short out. I added a short lead with un-fused m/fm bullet connector on each bike to match the one on the charger.

Why un-fused?

It's also a convenient place to jump the battery from or to another bike, the fuse would pop

I like to camp and its a handy place to plug in any cell chargers, heated gear etc

I started using the clamps when I was trying to learn and document AGM conditioning. It was more convenient to hook the voltmeter to the connector.

I was also doing some 10 amp charging and I thought the clamps would be better rated.

At his point, I think the SAE connector, fused 10 amps, would be the better charger connection for the 6 amp EnerSys charger, yes?

Yes the SAE connector is much more convenient especially if you have several bikes and a car and only one charger, just have them hanging out so there's no need to remove covers or seat.

The 10 Amp fuse will pop if you try to jumper (when cranking) the bike through it however.

In true Guzzi style I found 2ft SAE extension cables, cut them in half, (the colours are odd on one half)

• Like 1

I discovered one of the other reasons I've been clamping the charger(s) to the battery terminals:

It makes it most convenient for me to move the multimeter, using the SAE connectors, from machine to machine while monitoring battery condition (I have *several*).  Always monitoring for the AGM battery that drops to 12.65v, then >discharge