V11 Wanted - Chicago area

badwolf.j

Long time lurker - registered here a few years ago to do research - finally serious about buying a V11.

I really want a Tenni, and basically screwed up by missing Hang Tenni's post from February, and then getting out-bid at the last minute on his ebay listing.

I want a bike that's as original as possible, or modified appropriately. Known mechanical / electrical fixes are great - relays, Roper plate, etc., but I'm not too keen on wildly modified examples or ear-splittingly loud exhausts. I prefer a 2003+up LeMans variant with the fairing and clip-ons, but would consider a later handlebar-equipped "Naked" or "Cafe" if it's right. If you've got a Tenni you'd consider selling, I'm more than willing to put up with all the "quirks" of the 2002 bikes. That is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen on two wheels - bubbling engine paint and all.

Basically - here's what I'm looking for in descending order of preference.

Tenni

Nero Corsa

Rosso Corsa

Black 2003-2005 LeMans

Red 2003-2005 LeMans

Coppa Italia

Cafe Sport

Like the title says - I'm in the Chicago area. Willing to travel for the right bike. Trailering sounds boring - I've done fly-and-rides before, so if the bike you've got for sale is up for a road trip to its new home - talk to me.

Thanks,

- Joe

Hi, Joe!

Good luck on the search. Since there can be no replies on this thread, consider adding some contact information by editing your first post. Also, nothing wrong with starting your own thread on your V11 odyssey in "24/7 V11" . . . (I noticed your post in the Introduction Thread).

Recently (June 8, 2017), a Tenni was sold on ebay. Check it out: Downers Grove, IL, $7,732US:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-Moto-Guzzi-LeMans-Tenni-/162537857624?hash=item25d802e258:g:Mj8AAOSwi7RZMFaI&vxp=mtr

Keep an eye on the Craigslist/ebay/V11FS Thread:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18375&page=19&do=findComment&comment=221862

• Like 1