My 2003 V11 Sport Modifications

BLIGHT

I give up.  I must have the version of google that cannot find 10mm gas spring billet rod end.

Mind posting a link?

The internet can be a challenge.... just one word change in a search can either get you a result or nothing at all.

I got mine from 'Zoro' selling on ebay... It's made by Bansbach, part number 96155.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BANSBACH-EASYLIFT-96155-M10-Hinge-Eye-SW-10-w-10-2-h-30/381936937638?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

This link will not be active in perpetuity, as sellers come and go.

Remember, I just re-tapped the M10 hole to a 1.25mm pitch. I don't normally go around retapping coarser-threaded holes, but after tapping the thread looked perfect visually, and the Honda screw went in beautifully, and snugged right up to make the connection. 

It does not need to be liquid-tight at the threads, as the copper crush washers do all the fluid sealing.

If retapping a threaded hole bugs you, if you look around, you might find one of these rod-ends with an M8 tapped hole that you can drill out and tap to M10 x 1.00mm, to use a Guzzi/Brembo banjo bolt.

Just make sure there is enough material around for the larger bolt. I would have made my own adapter but I no longer have a mill to make the flat spots on a piece of aluminum billet bar stock.

Cheers,

BLIGHT

Yes, I noticed, his famous clock sculpture is on loan, sitting out on the street near my office, I was blown away when I bumped into it.

Wow, Dali and Moto Guzzi . . . a match made . . . :grin:

"M-o-t-o G-u-z-z-i . . . Who makes that and what kind of motorcyclist are you?" :nerd:

*surrealism is what surrealism isn't* . . . <_>

• Like 1

"Hinge Eyes" is the magic keyword.  Found the Bansback catalog here -

http://www.bansbach.com/images/bansbach/Download/Bansbach_Catalogue_2017.pdf

Even easier than re-tapping the threads is this, a 10mm x 1.5mm banjo bolt.

http://www.amazon.com/1-Racing-Products-992033-Metric/dp/B003TPJ85Q

Fantastic! Just drill the 1/8" thru hole and Bob's yer Uncle!

OK... PhotoBucket STINKS!

They are now FIRED as my image hosting service because they are demanding a ransom subscription service to continue.

Sixty dollars a year.  :bbblll:

Go back and look at previous posts in this thread and you'll see a bunch of stinking icons demanding a paid subscription.

Total BS... AS IF their crappy intrusive ads are not enough to keep them going.

The nice thing about the internet is the competition, and they just got beat!

I'm gonna do a test post of the 'Dali' final dash shot using my personal cloud server (yep... sigh... I'm just like Hillary!)

We'll see if it works, but I don't know if I'm still able to edit my older posts and change to new photo links?

The worst part is I used them for hosting images for several years on multiple forums.... all the pics are dead thanks to these worms!

Not so cheers,

BLIGHT

Test post with alternate image hosting thru imgur (still working on IMG link in my cloud server)

Modified brake and hydraulic hoses, with Dali warped gauge reflections in windscreen:

Ch2LCi8.jpg

Here's a post of some of the images in the previous posts in this thread that got dropped...in no particular order  :mellow:

1UNUXQO.jpg

KdlKT0H.jpg

ps9z6US.jpg

yMcykFT.jpg

GVWjzeV.jpg

rXAlhSV.jpg

o6FEThC.jpg

zekzX74.jpg

tbc9Jb0.jpg

GCZt6kW.jpg

Wow, Dali and Moto Guzzi . . . a match made . . . :grin:

"M-o-t-o G-u-z-z-i . . . Who makes that and what kind of motorcyclist are you?" :nerd:

*surrealism is what surrealism isn't* . . . <_>

I always say: " I'm a rider.... not a biker "

I was able to go as far back as page 4 and insert new IMG links from imgur's server... prior to that there are no 'edit' options... sorry.

BLIGHT

PS: Did I mention PhotoBucket STINKS? um, I guess I did.

• Like 1

Stinks is putting it kindly.

Just learned that they are holding my 543 pictures documenting Larios and 319 documenting the Aero engine conversion hostage. They only want 400 bux a year to show them. 

Countless hours down the drain.

How about "reeks of all the souls in hell?"

I've been using Flickr for the last few years, but since I started documenting those two threads on the site that shall not be named, I stuck with it. 

Stinks is putting it kindly.

Just learned that they are holding my 543 pictures documenting Larios and 319 documenting the Aero engine conversion hostage. They only want 400 bux a year to show them. 

Countless hours down the drain.

How about "reeks of all the souls in hell?"

Pitiful... this could be the end of their 'service' eventually. I will eventually go in and delete all of the photos I uploaded and cancel the 'free' account. I'll send them a descriptive email as well telling them why I left, as will thousands of other users that were subject to viewing the constant barrage of ads. The ad revenue will dry up with less 'clicks' and they will be history.