1000s

Pandamonium

Thanks for the replies. The new floats arrived, just need to fit them. Started it up yesterday and no smoke or sticking float, typical, but I'll fit the floats anyway.

I think it's probably about 9.5k

Thanks for the replies. The new floats arrived, just need to fit them. Started it up yesterday and no smoke or sticking float, typical, but I'll fit the floats anyway.

I think it's probably about 9.5k

Never hurts to go through all fuel related components when they've been sitting.

9.5k (US$?) I think the one I know of here in Indy could maybe be had for that, with some schmoozing (beers)

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry haven't had a chance to look at the 1000s until tonight and I wish I hadn't, need more help.

On the left hand cylinder, as you sit on the bike, under the spark plug there is a nut, it's covered in oil. It won't tighten anymore. Can anyone tell me what the nut is and how to stop it leaking oil?

Cheers

If I remember correctly , the problem is an o-ring under the rocker arm assembly that is bad . You will have to look at a parts breakdown or call a good dealer for help with parts . Get enough to do both sides , valve cover gaskets & perform valve adjustments while you are there . Do the clearance to international specs. 

Thanks for the reply. I contacted gutsibits and they thought headgasket or the oil feed lines but they are braided so unless they have failed.

I don't suppose you have a step by step how to guide to do valves etc?

Print off a diagram of the valve train . Remove the valve cover , rocker arm assermbly , take a pic and remove the o-ring . Replace the o-ring and reassemble .  You can remove the spark plugs to make the valve adjustment easier . There are steps on this forum to help w/valve adjustment .

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah unfortunately it's up for sale, just not getting the use. Owned 9.5 years and covered 2500 km, there was several years it never turned a wheel and just sat in the house. It needs to be out and on the roads, at least a couple of times a year to keep it all happy.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...