Interesting Japanese Guzzi Parts Site

Some very interesting parts on a Japanese site:

www.guzzisport.com

I sent it through http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr to translate.

I wonder what the story is on those extra frame braces, and the aluminum seat-frame. How well made, sturdy, etc... ?? dunno, but kinda cool looking stuff. B)

al

Guest Oliver

Hi Al,

I contacted Andrew Higgs (antenna@big.or.jp) who is esponsible for oversea contacts. First of all ... unfortunaltely there is no distributor for Jingushi parts in overseas. The only chance is to order an buy in Japan.

I ask about the advantages of the alumium rear frame ... the answer was:

This is a new rear subframe assembly which is much lighter (70%) than

standard. Also with this system the battery is moved to a better location

for weight distribution.

Price:125,000JYE

I met the Guzzisport racing team years ago during the Ducati Club Race in Assen/Netherland. I had several interesting discussions around their chain-driven racing Guzzi.

Just to let you know ...

Greetings from Hamburg, Germany

Thanks!

Interesting... other than the battery relocation, does this aluminum subframe bolt right up to all the stock locations and accessories? and BTW, where does the battery end up?

Oh, and I wonder if the aluminum frame is as strong as the OEM steel unit?? Since I am no light guy at about 200lb, and I plan to load up my bags for trips... well, I don't want the frame to give out or crack, especially since aluminum will be so much more rigid.

...any thoughts?

al

• 3 years later...

the frame braces looks like they can provide some needed stiffness, but probably not stop the frame from flexing sideways? or what?

this must surely be an idea that someone can pick up on, and reconstruct the items? and then send them to me?? for free???

Some very interesting parts on a Japanese site: 

www.guzzisport.com...

I wonder what the story is on those extra frame braces, and the aluminum seat-frame.  How well made, sturdy, etc... ??  dunno, but kinda cool looking stuff.  B)

70[/snapback]

The frame braces are pretty neat; obvious advantage to handling due to better rigiditittididitty from triangulation doesn't require much imagination to grasp, as well as improved resistance to the "casual" frame tweekage in event of tipover or minor accident as has been reported here in other threads...

v11sp_gsj02.jpg

v11sp_gsj10.jpg

&

v11sp_gsj07.jpg

The aluminum subframe looks cool, but only saves about 3kg (6lbs for us unrepentant colonialists! ;) ); at the price they're asking, it definitely should come *after* throwing money into a lighter/better performing exhaust system!

Why would a replacement throttle pulley be of benefit to the injected bikes? I'm aware of why the carb bikes needed diffn't. twist-grip snails, but what advantage does this gizzie represent?

v11sp_gsj03.jpg

Anyway, who was asking about Guzzi places to visit when in Tokyo? They might want to drop by this place...

:mg:

Why would a replacement throttle pulley be of benefit to the injected bikes? I'm aware of why the carb bikes needed diffn't. twist-grip snails, but what advantage does this gizzie represent?

v11sp_gsj03.jpg

:mg:

63965[/snapback]

The bigger radius allows a smoother or finer throttle operation. But the one shown here looks simple, probably a copy. A good euopean one is progressive, big radius at idle -> small radius at "tutta la birra".

The braces look usable!

Hubert

Guest ratchethack

About a year back there was some forum discussion on this and some shots of one I made. I've since refined it. The one I've been using ever since looks better and works better than the "prototype" in the photo. The "european idea" or progressive action is exactly what Hubert said - large radius at idle and small radius at WOT. See post #10 at the thread here:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...topic=3961&st=0

The bigger radius allows a smoother or finer throttle operation. But the one shown here looks simple, probably a copy. A good euopean one is progressive, big radius at idle -> small radius at "tutta la birra".

Oh, yeah, I guess there is that!

[Once again, my capacity for missing the obvious suprises me!] :wacko:

The braces look usable!

They do at that!

:bike:

Jingushi has a pretty neat Dr. John style 2 into 1 exhaust system too. If my Dad were still flying for Japan Airlines, I'd have him pick me up a set. Unfortunately, he retired from the airlines decades ago. I don't even have any Navy buddies left stationed over there. It's kind of a bummer that they won't export. Probably leary of sending anything to the Home of the Free, Land of the Brave and Hive of the Litigious Lawyers.

Jingushi has a pretty neat Dr. John style 2 into 1 exhaust system too. If my Dad were still flying for Japan Airlines, I'd have him pick me up a set. Unfortunately, he retired from the airlines decades ago. I don't even have any Navy buddies left stationed over there. It's kind of a bummer that they won't export. Probably leary of sending anything to the Home of the Free, Land of the Brave and Hive of the Litigious Lawyers.

64083[/snapback]

Hmm...could be. I suspect that it's more likely that being a hand-made item, the fitment is probably a big pain in the backside, so they don't want to poison their customer base by shipping somewhere that they can't begin to dream of providing basic customer service, let alone good cust-serve. Artisan-think, vs. the kind of cr@p I had to deal with out of a shop here in So.Cal. with my J-brand commuter bike: they decided that they'd rather rip me off than work with me to rebuild my crash-damaged bike [that the at fault driver's ins. co. was paying to have fixed.]

I'd rather have a shop like Jingushi than the one I unluckily found here in the "good ol' USA..." :bbblll:

Ride on!

:bike:

I speak/read/write Japanese and have friends there too.

These parts ain't cheap but I can get some of these stuffs.

BTW, I live near Washington DC. :bike:

Should have bought some of these stuff while I was in Japan... :homer:

(first time posting before facing deletion...)

I speak/read/write Japanese and have friends there too.

These parts ain't cheap but I can get some of these stuffs.

BTW, I live near Washington DC. :bike:

Should have bought some of these stuff while I was in Japan...  :homer:

(first time posting before facing deletion...)

64202[/snapback]

Welcome, Geru!

Glad you decided to join us; I'm certain somebody will avail themselves of your generous offer at some point (maybe not right away, but be prepared: down the road, some Guzzisto will see your post & be contacting you!)

:thumbsup:

Welcome, Geru!

Glad you decided to join us; I'm certain somebody will avail themselves of your generous offer at some point (maybe not right away, but be prepared: down the road, some Guzzisto will see your post & be contacting you!)

:thumbsup:

64234[/snapback]

Is anybody here seeing what revolution we had the chance to be part of? Not long ago every Italo-biker was keen on making friends in Italy to supply him with this or that, and now we are looking for sources in Japan already!

My children will tell theirs "Your grandpa was there when it began" :)

Hubert