Coming to a Moto Grappa Near Me Tomorrow

Bill Hagan

Interesting that a guy who is old enough for a butt scope is buying a bike targeted towards the man-bun crowd.  Must be a second childhood thing.  Gotta admit, I like the new BMW R9T Urban G/S a lot.   And I'm about due for my 2nd scope.

Ha!

My mom had colon cancer, so I am "due" for these fairly often.  Have to say that they have gotten easier, especially in the prep phase.  The slime one once had to take is now supplanted by Gatorade and a tasteless powder.  The effect is the same, i.e., it's better to stay near porcelain.   :whistle:

I wanted a lighter motorcycle for all sorts of reasons; so far, albeit with admittedly limited data, the Stornello fits the bill ... and this Bill.  :D

Has the Stornello made it out and about?

Unfortunately, not much.

It spends most of its time as shown in the first two pix, below, tho I did get in a quick 40-miler on, among a few others, this road that begins almost out of my driveway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KmAMfpq8eE

i-Z69gJSw-L.jpg

i-QLN2n6J-L.jpg

i-W8BtVgX-L.jpg

i-q6bRsNZ-L.jpg

We are at Fort Bragg now.  Our Army s-i-l just relinquished brigade command and we are grandbabysitting while the dad & mom celebrate.  Kathi is near giddy with joy; I am pining for the Stornello.  :race: 

So, I am driving back to Virginia tomorrow while she stays until Monday.  Will get some Stornello miles in.

Bill
  • Like 1

Hi Bill- I attended the changing of command at Ft. Bragg when my son was assigned there.  Quite an impressive ordeal.   What is up with the Norge?  Tune up time or just replacing those leaky valve cover gaskets?   And.....................................which bike will you ride to the SSR this year? 

Jerry

I love the bike Bill. Arrow high pipe standard? And is that a steel tank at last? Looks like it 'could' be a scrambler if ya wanted to.

I spent almost 2 years at Bragg... long ago.                                    Is there a date yet for this year's SSR?

SSR, assuming it's "South'n", and not "Sierra", would be the "weekend after Labor Day", in the vicinity of Tellico Plains, Tennessee.

Get there.

Bring tools.

• 1 month later...