Quotes about Bikes & Guzzi

"A gentleman's sport bike"

A quote that I really don't like and is said about a lot of bikes and somehow the V11 Sport and Lemans get called this too.

Nothing against gentlemen but I really feel like the v11 is a blue collar machine. For the self sufficient who in my case need the help of a great community (v11lemans.com).

Arguments welcome....

Usually people unfamiliar with Guzzi's, let alone the spine frames, ask "what sort of bike is that? I use the phrase 'Gentleman's sport bike' often to convey a brief description of the riding style it offers. "Sport bike" alone, infers a replica racer, laden with technical tricks and horsepower, ridden by the young and invincible at frightening speeds. Add 'gentleman' to the description and folks tend to nod with approval. "I enjoy spirited riding but have reached a state of maturity which no longer requires the testing of limits." They can see fairly quickly I'm no gentleman. :ninja:

• Like 3

"Gran Tourismo" so far was the best fitting paraphrase I've found here. It sounds mighty, sporty, sexy too maybe, pricy, has to do with heritage and seniority, all that and more bling. Relaxed - that's it. Gran Tourismo, never the fastest, just everybody thinks so.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...