Announcing a Guzzi Rally in So Cal October 13-14-15

We are putting on a Guzzi Rally in northern San Diego county at the base of Mt. Palomar by Lake Henshaw at the Lake Henshaw Resort. This location is right in the middle of some of the best riding in California if your not familiar with it including the famous Palomar mountain. Bill Ross has opened a Facebook page with the details do a Facebook search for San Diego Guzzi NADA Rally. All European brands are welcome and I'm sure that if someone showed up on another brand they would also be welcome. I will try to post some pictures of the details but am having trouble posting on this forum.

I was unable to post the pictures of the details so I will just put them ou there. This venue has tent and RV camping. They also have cabins for rent in studio size that sleep up to 4 and 1 bedroom size that sleep 4 to 7 depending on the cabin. Price for the studio is $80 and $90 for the one bedroom. Reservations can be made starting July 13 2017. Camping for one tent is $15 and I think RVs were around $27. There is a restaurant and store on site. Phone for reservations is 760-782-3487. Info number is 760-782-3501. If you can please get onto the Facebook page and let us know your coming and when making the reservation let them know your with the Guzzi Rally so we get everyone in the same area.

• Like 2

I don't see anything on Facebook from Bill Ross. Perhaps you can copy the link or URL? Or anything?

Which club is sponsoring it?

I don't see anything on Facebook from Bill Ross. Perhaps you can copy the link or URL? Or anything?

Which club is sponsoring it?

The Arizona contingent of guzzi riders have been asking the San Diego riders to put on a gathering so Moto Euro Breakfast Club members Bill Ross and myself decided to put this together. The Facebook URL https://www.facebook.com/events/841263282687683/?ti=cl

If that doesn't get you there search on Facebook for Moto Euro Breakfast Club and the info is posted on that page also.

I posted over on WG too - but thanks again for coordinating this. So many great loops of varying lengths can started from that location. Desert? check. Mountains? check. Beach? check. Mexico? check. All in a day's ride. 

:race:  :mg:

I posted over on WG too - but thanks again for coordinating this. So many great loops of varying lengths can started from that location. Desert? check. Mountains? check. Beach? check. Mexico? check. All in a day's ride. 

:race:  :mg:

Thanks. It is a great venue located in the heart of great riding.

• 2 weeks later...

cross-post from WG:

Apple Boysenberry pie in Julian, CA this morning...

IMG_6572.jpg

And took a whole frozen chicken-pot-pie home in the wee-brick's bag

IMG_6573.jpg

Here's a teaser pic of a less-travelled minor road in the area.

IMG_6574.jpg

I stopped by the Lake Henshaw campground after a nice little zip through Mesa Grande. Seems like good people there and a good spot for a rally. They are not worried about check-in or check-out times in October (off-peak) and said not to worry about making a reservation for camping. I'll probably pull my toy-hauler out there so I have a cozy place to sleep and my own kitchen. I can accommodate two Guzzi-Guests comfortably - and a third if somebody wants me to set up the truck-bed-tent.

Then I went up Palomar Mountain's East Grade, which is lovely. Then down the South Grade, which was full of road racers and photographers - great road, but that's why I usually avoid it on the weekends.

Breakfast at Lake Henshaw today with the Scura in the shade... and a nice MV Brutale in the sun.

IMG_6589.jpg

And here's a little section of road nearby...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The thread on WG has been pretty busy, but I thought I'd post my pics here too. I swung by Friday evening on the Greenie to say hi and see when people wanted to ride on Saturday.

It may have been Friday the 13th... but 3 Scuras on a Saturday Morning... that's dark.

IMG_7019.jpg

Two other V11s:

IMG_7023.jpg

IMG_7024.jpg

Some twisties...

IMG_7027.jpg

Great people...

IMG_7026.jpg

And a few of the many bikes that caught my eye.

IMG_7022.jpg

IMG_7033.jpg

IMG_7034.jpg

• Like 4

Some of my pix from the weekend.

Big props to Scud for helping diagnose Mike's Scura and showing Zonie's the ropes on the neighborhood roads.
BTW, don't bother trying to keep up with that Cali Scura.  Between mad skillz and "Yep, that's the back of my hand" local knowledge; Scud spent a bit of time waiting around at intersections.

On our way up, we stumbled into an IAC aerobatic competition being held in Borrego Springs.
DSC01021.JPG
DSC01023.JPG
DSC01025.JPG
DSC01026.JPG

Mike's Scura was acting up on the way up the hill.  It had recently been serviced and after some debug, Scud's sharp eye noted that the rubber tubes had been blown off of the fuel injector bodies, allowing the bike to suck air. We suspect someone forgot to tighten the clamps.
DSC01037.JPG
DSC01038.JPG
DSC01040.JPG
DSC01041.JPG
However, it did act up again once on the way home, so the story is probably not finished on this one.

This lovely old beast was tooling around the area.
DSC01029.JPG
DSC01032.JPG

No Joy !
DSC01055.JPG

That's dark.
DSC01056.JPG

Palomar, Check.
DSC01073.JPG
DSC01074.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Woo hoo! Count me in..am local so will not be camping. Will be great to see ya.