repair and remoldel

kjrowe

hi there i have a tenni (no1) and a friend of mine is kindly giving me his tenni (no3) that has or needs some tlc. I am thinking of making it a track day bike and am looking for some advice to the customising of this beautiful machine  thanks

Well, first change out the clutch/flywheel. There are a couple of used dual plate clutches on ebay right now from guzzitech. Then the one thing the Tenni is missing is Ohlins suspension. Then, since the bike was free, have a fuel tank made of aluminum. Leave it unpolished. Carbon fiber fenders. And some new, free flow cans.

Save the Tenni!!!  Buy a 1st Gen. Aprilia and flog the begeezus out of it.  You can find them relatively cheap, weigh less, more ponies,  tons of after market and used go fast parts, will handle better and go a hell of a lot faster.

wow.  Tenni is a pretty rare and potentially collectable bike.  Even if it's in rough shape, you'd think that someone would want to restore it.  

Most track bikes are wrecked sportsbikes.  Sell the Tenni to a restorer and get a trashed GSX-R at auction.  A GSXR (or Ninja, 996, R1/6, RSV, etc.) will be a cheaper and more capable track bike.  The Tenni would go to someone that will want it.

Just piling on... don't convert the Tenni to track use (for all of the above reasons).

But how cool to have #1 and #3. If you're a rider, not a collector, then at some point a collector will want to give you more than it's worth to you as a rider. Then you could buy the LeMans of your choice and still have a fine rider and some leftover cash.

I have ridden my Scura at a track day. I have both an 2003 R6 (SBK) and 2006 R1 (SBK), race only. To be honest, the Scura wasn't even fun. While it didn't try and kill me like the R1 always does the amount of effort and work that it took really took the pleasure out riding on the track.

But some people prefer the bike being the challenge and not the track, so... :huh2: