Sticking clutch?

docc

Parts list:

• RAM 6-speed input hub (or take-off from Scura/Tenni/Rosso Mandello)

If the RAM 6-speed single disk is identical to the Guzzi single disk hub for the Scura/Tenni/Rosso Mandello, I have one for you (new). It is located in the NL though and I would need to get some other clutch tool instead (I use it as a clutch installation tool).

PM if you are interested.

• Like 1

For other bikes when you cut down a clutch pushrod you need to make sure to reharden the end.

Good advice. Where are the specifications to modify the pushrod?

Docc - I think the "specs" are if you have all the parts in-hand and you show them to the machine shop and say: "Make this go in there."

There's a little "risk" in the conversion, but I think it's manageable. If I had to replace my LeMans clutch over again, I would have tried the RAM 5-speed unit with a RAM 6-speed hub.

A V11 6-speed hub for single plate is the only option. As I understand it Moto Guzzi supplied the hubs to Ram. But then Moto Guzzi stopped making them.

A V11 6-speed hub for single plate is the only option. As I understand it Moto Guzzi supplied the hubs to Ram. But then Moto Guzzi stopped making them.

That makes sense. after all, the V11 single plate unit was made by RAM?

I'm liking this idea of the low inertia RAM. It will take some getting use to, as the engine braking will be reduced. I really like the fact that it is entirely assembled and balanced as delivered.

I'll be studying craigsinclair's results tonight. I think he may be the only one to have put an aftermarket, low inertia RAM in a V11?

Can you guys rest my mind thinking about modifying push button instead of the rod,,, havent seen one, ( only for the 2plates ) but will it be weaken;d to much ?

Soon finished docc.

tom   Norway

That makes sense. after all, the V11 single plate unit was made by RAM?

I'm liking this idea of the low inertia RAM. It will take some getting use to, as the engine braking will be reduced. I eally like the fact that it is entirely assembled and balanced as delivered.

I'll be studying craigsinclair's results tonight. I think he may be the only one to have put an aftermarket, low inertia RAM in a V11?

I have the aftermarket RAM with steel flywheel in my Scura. Several others have installed it too. Lucky Phil has one in reserve for an upcoming project.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19510

The RAM 6-speed kit was discontinued for lack of 6-speed input hubs from Moto Guzzi. The 5-speed clutch is identical to the 6-speed, with the exception of the button that the pushrod goes into. I have not seen the 5-speed myself, but that is the essence of what I understand.

Can you guys rest my mind thinking about modifying push button instead of the rod,,, havent seen one, ( only for the 2plates ) but will it be weaken;d to much ?

Soon finished docc.

tom   Norway

I am looking at the push button and would not like to mill any metal out of it. I am more inclined to "turn don" the tip of the push rod to adapt the 6speed pushrod to the smaller push button of the 5speed clutch. But, Tom, what have you installed for a replacement clutch?

I have the aftermarket RAM with steel flywheel in my Scura. Several others have installed it too. Lucky Phil has one in reserve for an upcoming project.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19510

The RAM 6-speed kit was discontinued for lack of 6-speed input hubs from Moto Guzzi. The 5-speed clutch is identical to the 6-speed, with the exception of the button that the pushrod goes into. I have not seen the 5-speed myself, but that is the essence of what I understand.

So, installing the Low-inertia RAM/steel flywheel ("5speed") complete assembly looks to be a matter of sourcing the MG single plate input hub 01211640, and "turning down" the tip of the 6speed pushrod to the smaller dimension of the 5speed push button (NOT changing its length)

(+ six fresh Schnorr washers) . . . .

Does anyone have the dimensions of the clutch push end of an actual 5 speed push rod?

I've posted this before. It's been on epay over a year. He only has 1 feedback, so who knows? It's the correct one.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/NEW-Moto-Guzzi-V11-Sport-Clutch-Gear-for-single-plate-clutch-GU01211640-/272216373516

There weren't washers on my oem flywheel bolts, and the RAM kit didn't include any. Nothing on the instructions either.

Pretty cool how much information I could gather from posts and threads back to 2006. :notworthy:  Y'all are the best!

At this point (converting a standard 6speed/2 plate clutch&flywheel to a "5speed" RAM), I'm looking for a MG single plate input hub (RM/Tenni/Scura), and the dimensions of the clutch tip of a 5 speed pushrod . . .

Chuck . . . *buddy* B)  . . . you must have a 5speed clutch pushrod in your backpocket. :oldgit: . . .

. . . probably a micrometer in the other pocket . . . :luigi:

I've posted this before. It's been on epay over a year. He only has 1 feedback, so who knows? It's the correct one.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/NEW-Moto-Guzzi-V11-Sport-Clutch-Gear-for-single-plate-clutch-GU01211640-/272216373516

Yeah, man . . .  I am inquiring about that one! Thanks for posting it again! :thumbsup: