Sticking clutch?

docc

When I look at my I plate after about 30000m big difference to doccs plate, picture included hopefully.
Any Else out there with loose friction material,,,, Better rivets ??
Inspection camera is on the list.
Have 400m with the new clutch now, all perfect. A little heavier on the lever with 5 red springs, but good feeling and save trips to the Tarzan factory. Error file to big to upload.......[docc-edit: added photo of Tom's intermediate plate / hosted by ImgZeit]
Tom. Norway

IMG_0263.JPG

So awesome! MotoInternational has all 43 pieces (clutch plates, fasteners, seals&gaskets, swingarm bearings) in stock and on the way!

So, for the record, a seventeen year old Italian motorcycle needs routine maintenance and all the parts are immediately available! :thumbsup::mg:

• Like 2

I had to share these messages I sent about this experience:

"Pretty lucky to have the friends and contacts I’m fortunate to have . . ."  (*all-y'all* :sun: )

"More than “pretty lucky” . . . *really, amazingly extremely lucky!*"

" After all, it's not really about the “stuff”, it’s about community."

Thanks,  :notworthy:  y'all!  And not just for helping me fix my *stuff*. :bier:

• Like 1

This clutch went 99,000 miles. Not sure how much longer those friction plates would have gone. They were definitely coming apart. The gearbox (where the input shaft walked off): ~76,000 miles. I'm thinking since it was a warranty replacement part, perhaps it was not inspected and the failed safety washer was missed.

The replacement "throw out bearing' (right) doesn't look hardly as robust as the original (left):

IMG_2615.JPG

I hope the washer in the upper right is going to go on the worn portion of the part on the lower left ? If not & If this is as ugly in person as in the picture , you are spinning your wheels and you need this part also . That bearing is a Torrington bearing and most good bearing supply stores can get you the OEM quality part . I'm not too sure about this replacement in the picture.

Yeah, actually they look pretty peckered up and pitted. Under 7x magnification, some of the rollers show light pitting and wear also. The replacement thrust bearing (right) is caged on one side. Not sure which direction it installs.

IMG_2664.jpg

I looked at MGCycle and the same half-caged bearing with the small rollers is pictured.

I wonder which way to face it? I'm inclined to put the closed cage back away from the gearoil.

12087001.jpg